What is Evernote?
It is an organizational tool that allows you to:
- Keep everything in sync
- Remember things you like
- Save favorite webpages
- Research Better
- Plan your next trip
- Work with friends and colleagues
It works as a desktop application (requires a download and admin privileges); it works in a web browser (see link); and there are apps for iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone.
You can upload documents to keep. You can make new notes that include photos and/or sound clips. You can organize information by using Notebooks and Tags. The search feature looks at the text all of your notes--even handwritten notes in photos--to help you find what you're looking for.
Users do need a log in which is acquired by providing an email address, picking an appropriate username, and password. The basic service is free; but a premium account is available.
Google Chrome Extension
Check it out:
- Research!!! Easily organize everything electronically and access it from any device.
- Class notes.
- Pictures of handwritten notes (or teacher notes on the board).
- Recordings of important info during a lecture.
- Upload and store homework documents.
Freshman who are receiving laptops as part of the HS Initiative have the desktop version loaded.