The Storm Forecast
August 17, 2021
Dear parents, guardians, and students,
Here are some important updates for the week:
- If you have a student driver, please make sure that they purchase their parking passes- towing will begin soon for unauthorized cars on campus!
- Seniors must have their Seniors pictures taken by August 31. See information below
- Class sizes have been reduced and students have received new schedules. please check Focus for your child's updated schedule
- Parents with students at Prep and Primary will now meet all kids at dismissal at the front of the school
- Parents with students at Prep and Padawan will meet their students at Padawan
- Uniform infractions and tardy infractions are about to begin! Please remind your student to be in class on time and to be in uniform. If their uniform has not come in, please send your student with a black or blue polo shirt until their uniform arrives.
All of our newsletters are available all year on our website at https://www.sanjoseprep.org/principals-newsletters/
I hope you are having a great week so far.
Face masks are required
If you would like for your student to opt out of wearing a face mask, please log on to your Focus parent portal and complete the Students Face Mask Opt Out form. This is on the left column under forms.
New Senior traditions- paint your parking space and Legacy Tiles
We are starting some new traditions that will be inaugurated by the Class of 2022.
Please see the flyer below for information on painting your own parking space and creating your own Legacy Tile.
We can't wait to see you unleash your creativity!
REQUIRED Senior & parent grad chat meetings
You can schedule an appointment online at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c49acad2da3f4c70-senior
Your appointment can be virtual or in person but requires the Senior and the parent/guardian.
For questions, please email email@example.com
FAILURE TO ATTEND GRAD CHATS WILL RESULT IN NOT BEING ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRADUATION CEREMONY!
Traffic flow on our property
Please follow the campus traffic protocols
- During pick up and drop off, all traffic coming into campus must turn left.
- If you have students in both San Jose Primary and San Jose Prep, please stay in the right lane
- If you only have students at San Jose Prep, please stay in the left lane
Families with students at both San Jose Primary and San Jose Prep:
- Stay in the right lane and turn into the back of the San Jose Primary cafeteria
- BOTH the Primary and Prep students should exit the vehicle at the San Jose Primary drop off
Families with students only at San Jose Prep:
- Stay in the left lane and make your way around the property
- At the crosswalk by the San Jose Primary flagpole, turn right
- Make your way all the way to the end of the sidewalk. Please do not stop by the lobby. We need cars to pull up all the way to the front of the property in order to keep traffic flowing smoothly
Exiting the campus:
ALL traffic exiting the campus during drop off and pick up MUST TURN RIGHT onto Sunbeam Rd.
Please note: the properties next to San Jose Prep are private property. There should be no drop off or pick up at any of the adjacent properties, as they could call the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. Please be patient with us and do all drop off and pick up on campus.
If you are turning left onto the campus, please do not block Sunbeam Rd!!! It is very dangerous!
Student parking passes
In order to be approved for an on campus parking pass, students must:
- complete parking pass application
- bring a copy of their driver's license
- provide proof of insurance
- be approved by administration
- pay the required fee
Parking on campus without an approved parking pass may result in your car being towed at your expense.
Students with discipline, attendance and/or academic issues may have their parking privileges suspended/revoked.
Overcrowded classes are a disservice to students. Please know we changed schedules thinking about what is in the best interest of the student.
We will be done with schedule changes this week.
Thank you for your patience.
We are San Jose Prep! Help us get our display set up!
To celebrate that, we will begin hanging flags that represent the nations of the students and staff at Prep.
If you would like to sponsor one of the flags, please go to our wish list: https://a.co/c5in88E
Is your family's flag missing? Please let us know or donate your flag. Please make sure that it is 3ft x 5ft.
We look forward to seeing this display of school diversity and unity!
The uniform store will be open this summer. The store is located at
11363 San Jose Blvd, Building 200
Jacksonville, FL 32223
You can also purchase online at: https://shop.sanjoseschools.org/
Middle school uniform: royal blue polo shirt
High school uniform: black polo shirt
Polo shirts must be worn at all times, including under jackets and sweatshirts!!!
Approved school bottoms:
- khaki, black or navy blue pants
- khaki, black, or navy blue shorts (to the knee)
- khaki, black, or navy blue skorts/skirts (to the knee)
Athletic pants, joggers, jeans and leggings are NOT permitted.
An updated parent/student handbook will be published this summer.
If you wish to donate your student's old uniform for students in need, you can drop them off in the front office- and thank you!
What you need to know
A: Yes!!!! Polo shirts are a required part of the uniform. You must wear your polo shirt every day regardless of whether or not you have a sweatshirt
Q: I can wear any bottoms as long as they are the correct color, right?
A: No- you must wear approved bottoms. These are: Long khaki style pants, Bermuda shorts, shorts or skirts the length of bermuda shorts (no minis). You may NOT wear leggings, jeans, athletic pants or joggers, sweatpants, jeggings
If in doubt, here are some examples:
Q: I get cold easily...I can bring any hoodie or sweatshirt, right?
A: No. All outerwear must be San Jose Prep uniform gear purchased at the uniform store.
Make sure you set up your Focus account!
For instructions on how to create a parent Focus account, go to https://dcps.duvalschools.org/Page/15745
When you have completed your application for an account, email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to have your account activated.
Once you have created the account, please allow 48 hours for activation.
Having difficulties? Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Download the ParentSquare app!
Make sure that you have downloaded the ParentSquare app so you can stay up to date with what is happening at school.
You can set it up to be in any language and you can get the school calendar of events, app notifications, notifications from teachers, and more!
It is free on the app store for both Apple and Android.
2021-2022 San Jose Prep school calendar
School starts August 10!
August 31: Open House, 6pm
August 31: Picture day for 6th-11th grades
Sept 6: No school- Labor day
Sept 11: Senior parking painting
Sept 16: Senior Family Dinner Night
October 8: End of 1st quarter; no school, Fall Break
October 11: No school- Fall Break