Technology Tools for Educators
Science iPad Apps
Cool Google Chrome Tools
- Build Your Own Rubics Cube - https://chrome.com/cubelab
- Build Your Own Legos Structures - http://www.buildwithchrome.com/
- Zygote Body Builder (formerly Google Body) - http://www.zygotebody.com/
- Biodigital Human - https://www.biodigitalhuman.com/home/ ipad app
- Virtual Science Fair for age 13-18 - https://www.googlesciencefair.com/en/
- Geoguesser - https://geoguessr.com/ http://geosettr.com/
- Earth Picker - http://www.earth-picker.com/
- Google Sky - http://www.google.com/sky/
- 100,000 Stars - http://workshop.chromeexperiments.com/stars/
- Connected Classrooms - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/100662407427957932931
- Google Knowledge Searching Tool - http://www.google.com/insidesearch/features/search/knowledge.html
- Google Trends - http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends/visualize?nrow=4&ncol=5&pn=p1
- Adobe Spark - create visual stories with text and images
- Adobe Voice - Now called Adobe Spark Video. iPad app to create a photo slideshow with music and voice narration. Video Example
- Adobe Premier Clip - movie making tool using video clips, photos, text, and music
- Piktochart - infographic maker
- Easel.ly - create and share visual ideas
- Infogr.am - charts, graphs, and timelines
- Canva - design and add text to images
- Prezi - presentation tool that uses motion, zoom, and spatial relationships to bring your presentation to life.
- Movenote - portable presentation tool that brings images to life with recorded narration
- Powtoon - presentation tool to create animated video explainers
- Haiku Deck - creates simple and beautiful presentations using various templates
- Spicy Node - create interactive graphic organizers on the web
- Popplet - mind map app...lets students think visually. Lite ipad version
Make a free Webpage
My Favorite Curation Tools
Use these tools to bookmark content and share with students.
- My Example: Evolution
2. Scoop It
- My Example: Design Qualities Projects
- My Example: Web 2.0 Tools for Teachers
- My Example: Water Pollution Resources
5. Google Keep - lets you bookmark links, images, and write notes to a page that looks like post it notes.
Cram - create a list of terms and definitions. Play in game format.
Play my cell organelle example here.
Socrative - create quizzes, exit tickets, and has one game option.
Nearpod - interactive presentation tool that gives instant feedback
TodaysMeet - backchannel site to have discussion
Plickers - turn your device into a remote control and answer questions. Help resources
Edpuzzle - engage students with video while tracking their understanding
Poll Everywhere -poll your students using any device. Will embed into ppt
PearDeck - very similar to NearPod. Designed to work with Chromebooks. Allows teacher to send slides to student and control what they look at. Limited free uses before you have to buy.
Google Forms - create and analyze survey results or assessments.
Passing Out and Collecting Assignments
I also use itunes U to create my class and post assignments, websites, videos, and apps to look at. Then the students turn in the work using Showbie.
Google Classroom - set up classes to pass out assignments and turn in work. Can use desktop/ laptops and iPads.
Seesaw - iPad app set up classes. Pass out assignments. Journal of student learning. Invite parents to join.
Graphite - Website with information about tech apps, resources, ratings, and lesson ideas.
Problem Attic - Website with searchable questions from state assessments.
Smore - create newsletters and flyers easily and email them to parents and students.