April 29, 2022
LOTS TO SHARE!
*May 3rd - Scott County School District 2 will utilize eLearning
*May 4th - Last day to complete Credit Recovery in PLATO
*May 16th - Club/ECA pictures for the yearbook 8:30am-10:30am
*May 25th - Last Student Day
The News Break is full this week! Check out the upcoming deadlines, school events, community events and summer job opportunities!
IMPORTANT SENIOR DATES!
April 29th - Deadline to RSVP for the Senior Awards ProgramMay 4th - Last day to complete Credit Recovery in Plato
May 13th - Senior Awards Program (RSVP Required)
May 19th - All grade requirements must be met
May 20th - Holiday World Trip
May 23rd - Senior Cook Out
May 24th - Elementary Walks
May 25th - MANDATORY GRAD PRACTICE (If you do not attend practice you will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony)
May 29th - Graduation 2:00pm, arrive in the Commons at 1:15pm to line up
Connor with Automotive Apprenticeship Group will be at SHS during lunches on Thursday, May 12th!
Grant Awarded to Intro to Business Class
Driver's Education Classes
Classes fill up quickly, don't wait to reserve your spot!
May 23rd - June 4th (only 2 spots left)
June 27th - July 9th
Classes are $400 and include 2 weeks of classroom instruction followed be scheduled drive time. Classes will be after school hours while drive time will be after school and some Saturday mornings.
To reserve a spot a $200 deposit is required. The balance is due at the beginning of class. Classes will fill up quickly. Contact Angie Richey at 812-752-8927 to reserve your spot!
1. You must be at least 15 years old to register for Driver's Ed.
2. As an additional option, you can enroll in an online Driver Education course for the instructional portion of the class if we do not have an opening during the session you would like to register for. You will still need to sign up to complete the driving portion through the High School. We recommend driversed.com. Though you can use any class approved by the BMV, that list is available by searching "Licensed Driver Training Schools-In.gov".
3. Bring the payment receipt for the on-line class to Mrs. Angie Richey at the SHS Main Office. At that time you can register for the driving portion which is $350. Mrs. Richey will issue you a CDE form stating your student is enrolled in Drivers Ed at SHS.
4. In order to obtain your Learner's Permit, take the CDE form along with a certified birth certificate, social security card and 2 documents with the student's name and address to the BMV. The SHS office can print a Harmony page that can be used as one of the address documents needed. Students will be given a test over the Indiana Drivers Manual and a vision test before obtaining their Learner's Permit.
5. Once you have completed the on-line course and obtained your Learner's Permit bring your certificate to Mrs. Richey. She will contact the driving instructor to schedule your drive times.
6. In order to take the test for your Operator License you will need to be age 16 & 90 days, have held your Learner's Permit for 180 days, completed 6 hours with a driving instructor and completed a total of 50 hours of practice with an instructor or blood relative over age 25 that has a valid drivers license.
5:00pm Girls Tennis Invitational
9:00am Girls Tennis Invitational
10:00am Boys Volleyball @ Floyd Central HS
11:00am Baseball @ Hanover
11:00am Softball vs Paoli HS
12:00pm Boys Golf Madison Invitational
4:30pm Boys Golf @ Westwood Golf Course
4:30pm Girls Tennis @ Hanover
5:30pm Baseball vs N. Harrison HS
5:30pm Softball @ Jeffersonville HS
6:00pm Boys Volleyball vs Silver Creek HS
5:00pm Girls Tennis vs Silver Creek HS
5:00pm Track & Field @ Salem HS
6:00pm Baseball vs Madison HS
4:15pm Boys Golf @ Charlestown HS
5:00pm Girls Tennis @ N. Harrison HS
7:00pm Boys Volleyball @ Eastern HS
4:30pm Girls Tennis vs Austin HS
5:00pm Track & Field @ Clarksville HS
5:30pm Baseball vs Eastern HS
5:30pm Softball vs Silver Creek HS