Curriculum Directors' Meeting
New Legislative Requirements for Career Exploration
2019-2020 PD Counted as Pupil Instruction
Ligon New Programming for MS and HS
Each week, Spotlight on Student Assessment and Accountability provides you with time sensitive, important information on student assessments and accountability. Don’t miss critical information -- Please click the following link for the November 7, 2019 edition of Spotlight on Student Assessment and Accountability.
Science Subject Area Meetings
Feedback from the participants has been very positive.
The second cohort in each of the subject areas will be meeting during this semester. The plan is to have two meetings per school year for each subject area cohort.
These meeting have been branded as workshops because that is exactly what they are. They are a time for the teachers to focus in and work together to find multiple ways of approaching instruction with the new science standards (Next Generation Science Standards) in mind.
They have the opportunity to share resources and brainstorm methods of instruction to engage all learners.
Please click on the link below to sign up for:
Chemistry Cohort 2 Workshop (this includes any introductory chemistry class such as physical science)
Biological Sciences Cohort 2 Workshop (this includes anatomy & physiology)
Providing teachers with this time pays great dividends in the classroom.
Elementary Science Leadership Group
Initially, there would be a brief one-on-one meeting in person at a time convenient to them or online via zoom.
After that, there may be a brief meeting after school with the small group to plan.
Dr. Tammy Pawloski Update and Debrief
We had a great day #2! Teams have received information on:
Strategy #1: Building Relationships
Strategy #2: Reducing Stress
along with a good background on poverty, neuroscience, action research and foundations.
Your team received:
Resources including video, slides and resources by email to assist their efforts as they plan to share with their staff
Your team needs to decide:
What and how will they share/continue to share with staff?
How they will implement Strategy #1: Building Relationships
What and how will they implement Strategy #2: Reducing Stress
The next session will be a WEBINAR on Monday, November 18th
More information coming!
Revised Social Studies Standards News
- Approved by SBE June 2019 for immediate implementation
- Revised MSTEP expected to be administered Spring 2022
- PD Development Committee working on 5 year plan
- Social Studies Teacher Leaders Meeting will focus on implementing revised standards
- Infusion of C3 Framework and pedagogical shifts
- Emphasis on essential practices for disciplinary literacy instruction
- Middles School 6h grade is World Geography and 7th grade is World History and Geography Eras 1-4
- C3 Framework
- C3 Pedagogical Shifts
- Essential Practices for Disciplinary Literacy Instruction in Secondary Classroom
- Geospatial Inquiry and New Temporal Sequencing - GIANTS - Grades 3-8 Curriculum
- MI Open Book
- C3 Teachers - K-12 Inquiry based lessons from various states
- Northern Michigan Inquiry Hub - K-12 Inquiry based lessons from MI educators
- Big Ideas Clickable Maps
- If you have any questions or needs, contact Coordinator for Instruction Roy Sovis who served as a writer and currently serving as a PD developer on MDE's PD Collaborative Committee.
Dear Principals, Curriculum directors and Spelling Bee Coordinators,
Below you will find links to the 2020 Genesee County Regional County Bee documents.
Registration is $50 per district and is due December 1, 2019. A fillable form will be sent at a later date for the names of the school winners.
Melissa and Linda