Many different things about Egypt
Egyptian Social Hierrarchy
- Scribes and craftspeople
- Farmers, servants, and slaves.
Why is the Nile River so important to Egyptians?
How phyiscal geography protected the Egyptians from Invaders.
- One way how physical geography protected Egypt was that Egypt has a lot of rough desert terrain to be hard to travel though.
- The Nile River had cataracts that made it hard to travel south.
- The Nile River made natural barriers that where hard to get though.
pharaohs of egypt
- Thutmose III- Ruled 1475 BC to 1425 BC. He made Egypt wealthy and never lost a battle. With out him Egypt would not have done the things it has done.
- Hatshepsut- Ruled 1472 BC to 1458 BC. She launched an extensive blinding program and improved trading routes. With out her many landmarks would not be possible.
- Akhenaton- Ruled 1353 BC to1333 BC. He worshiped the sun god Aten with was weird.
- Tutankhamen- Ruled 1333 BC to 1327 BC. He had no real power and died when he was 18.
- Ramses II- Ruled 1279 BC to 1213 BC. He ruled around 70 years and he had many wifes and kids. In addition he fought and won many battles. With out him other people could have owned Egypt.
- Alexander the Great- Ruled 356 BC to 323 BC. He conquered Persia he was also a great military leader and he died from malaria. With out him other people could have ruled Egypt.
- Menes- Ruled between 3100 BC to 3000 BC. He was the first pharaoh of Egypt and he toke over Lower and Upper Egypt. with out him Egypt could not have a pharaoh.
- Khufu- Ruled 2620 BC to 2550. Little is know about him also some people think he was cruel and he is known for landmarks like the Giza. With out him some important landmarks to Egypt.
- Sneferu- Ruled 2600 BC to 2589 BC. He conducted massive building projects.
How these therms are related to Egyptian religion.
Pharaoh- A pharaoh in a way was seen as god.
Pyramid-A place to store a mummy and their goods for the afterlife.
Afterlife- The place were in Egyptian religion you lived life after death.
Temples- A place to worship the gods.
Anubis- The god that ruled the afterlife.
Mummification- A process to prepare the body for the afterlife.
Polytheism- It let them believe in something for each thing.
how Mesopotamia and Egypt are the same and diffenert
Both group believed in many gods.
They relied on irrigation to grow crops.
They both have one ruler.
They both came up with their own language.
Mesopotamia protects from floods Egypt loves floods.
Egypt had different beliefs than the Mesopotamia.
Egypt had one river and Mesopotamia has two.
Egypt was in a desert and Mesopotamia is in a grassy area.