Manchester High School's News Digest, 9/16-9/20
This Week's Schedule
Students in PAC's American Experience class discuss how politics affect their identity, how it serves a purpose in our everyday life and how can we better ourselves as a community even though everyone may have different political views.
Spotlight on Students
The Sun Rises On Senior Year
Senior students met at sunrise to recognize their last first day of school at MHS.
MHS Core Values
Respect - Responsibility - Kindness - Perseverance - Integrity
Demonstrate any of the core values and receive a Core Value ticket, drop it in the Main Office or Freshmen Center box, receive an Imagine Coin and maybe you will be the next winner of the MHS Core Value t-shirt!
MHS Cross Disciplinary Capacities, This Is What We Do!
What's Your Story?
Time To Update Your Resume!
Take some time to reflect and recognize the skills you have developed over this year. Update your resume with the learning experiences that you have had inside and outside of the classroom!
Join The Club
Check out the MHS Athletics Page!
Tuesday: Boys Soccer V Northwest Catholic, Swimming and Diving V Berlin
Wednesday: Boys Freshmen Soccer V Wethersfield, Volleyball V South Windsor
Thursday: Boys Soccer V South Windsor, Swimming and Diving V Bulkley, , Volleyball V Cromwell
Friday: Football V Wilbur Cross
The Girls Soccer Team Is Getting Ready To Kick Off A Great Season!
- Click on this link for Scholarship Information
- Admission counselors from different colleges and universities, as well as military recruiters, schedule regular visits to MHS to meet with students to answer questions and provide information about their programs. If you are interested in meeting the admission counselors/military recruiters please sign up in Naviance, under college visits.
Even though seniors took the SAT last year, they should take it a second time because most colleges will use their best scores. Seniors must register directly online at www.collegeboard.com. The cost is $49.50 without essay and $64.50 with essay. Fee waivers are available to students who participate in the free/reduced price lunch program (call the guidance office at 860-647-3533 or see your counselor).
The SAT test dates and deadlines appropriate for seniors are:
Test Date: October 5 November 2 December 7
Regular Deadline: September 6 October 3 November 8
Late Deadline: September 24 October 22 November 26
- Chromebook Distribution Click here
- Free Book Friday! Congratulations to the week's winner, Alexandra Hamza, grade 10. Please pick up your book in room 286. Take a chance to win a free book each week. Drawings will be held on Fridays and winners will be announced here! Click this entry form.
- Students who are looking to pick up art work from last year should see Mr. Atkins in rm 166
On September 28, 2019, The Community Child Guidance Clinic is planning to host their 2nd Annual Fall Fest, a free community event that offers information, resources, and lots of fun activities for families to enjoy. They are looking for student volunteers to assist with activities, setup/cleanup, decorating, etc. (See attached form with details) Contact Mrs. Wabble if you are interested.