Wildcat Health Office
From the Nurse
- Sleep- 9-10 hours is needed for middle school aged students
- Breakfast- Middle school students are still growing and need a healthy breakfast, even if just a few bites
- Water- get those water bottle marked so they don't get lost. Goal should be at least 2 per day.
- Lunch- brain development is happening, healthy foods are needed
- Outside time- time spent outside is good for the body and mind
- Exercise- helps muscles, bones, brain function, mood, boosts energy, often provides social interaction and promotes better sleep!
Required for 6th grade
Physical exam (dated after 8/25/22)
3 Vaccines required
MCV (given at 11 year old well child visit)
Hep B (series of 3, often given before 1st birthday)
IF your child will be starting school before they are 11, please provide proof of upcoming vaccine appointment for MCV (meningococcal).
Don’t forget the parent section- without it completed the form will be returned and marked incomplete!
Emergency Medication to be kept at school
All Medication paperwork needs to be resubmitted each school year. All medication must be provided.
What is needed: (linked to all forms in blue)
- Asthma Action plan
- Parent Survey
- Medication Authorization form or Inhaler label
- The Food-Allergy Action Plan is for your child’s medical provider to Complete and sign. Must also be signed by parent or guardian- Medications orders will be listed here.
- The Allergy Questionnaire form is for the parent to complete to help us better understand your child’s allergy history
- Authorization of Administration of Medication form must be signed by parent or guardian (top of page 2) *****If your child is going to self-carry their emergency epinephrine and/or inhaler, you both must complete and sign the self-carry portion on the second page of the AUTHORIZATION FOR ADMINISTRATION OF MEDICATION form.
**Benadryl must be liquid or Rapid Melts/chewable- **Nurse tip; include 3-4 tabs only, no need for the whole box.
- Emergency Action Plan (signed by MD and parent)
- Parent survey
- Medication Authorization form
Prescription and Over the counter Medication to be stored in the Health Office
All medication in the health office must be supplied and have an order written by a provider (even cough drops). This is for scheduled daily medication and PRN (as needed) medication.
HERE is the form needed
What is As Needed Use??? Your student has headaches often, may need pain management for menstrual cramping, has allergies and needs back up at school, ect
An IHSA sports form is also accepted and valid for 1 year and 1 month (395 days) from date of exam.
BOTH forms require a doctor/provider signature and complete parent section and signature.
Stay home if...
Also unknown rashes and eye infections, must be cleared by a provider as noncontagious before returning to school. Or after 24 hours on prescribed antibiotic.
Other Communicable diseases; please follow provider recommendation on when to return to school.