Franklin Friday News
What's Going On at #FAPBG-September 28, 2020
Franklin Live & Franklin Flex begin September 29th!
Our beloved Mr. Hall moved to Oregon this summer and we were fortunate to keep him with use for a little bit longer. We will have a new elementary music teacher when we return Tuesday, but you can still follow Mr. Hall on his YouTube Channel!
Franklin Live and Franklin Flex Student Supplies
- There will be NO shared supplies when students return to the classroom this year.
- Please bring all curriculum and supplies for Franklin Live and Franklin Flex students in a plastic bin that is labelled with the student's name and homeroom teacher or MS cohort name/number.
- The purpose of the bin is to protect student supplies and belongings from damage by the use of the Electrostatic Disinfectant product.
- Please be sure to include extra masks, personal hand sanitizers, and disinfectant wipes for your student to use.
- For a complete list of supplies needed for the student's return to campus please visit https://www.teacherlists.com/schools/125181-franklin-academy-palm-beach-gardens-campus
This form must be completed by EACH family participating in a carpool. A different placard will be provided to carpooling families upon registration.
This form is required for any students that will be picked up by a third-party, private bus or van (not the parent/guardian or registered carpool).
Bring Your Own Device-Franklin Live and Franklin Flex
- Students participating in Franklin Live or Franklin Flex are STRONGLY encouraged to have a device for on-campus learning.
- All students who bring their own digital device will need a signed BYOD policy on file and will need to have their device added to the school's network by our IT department.THE BYOD Policy is attached below.
- If you are unable to send a device with your student to school until our new devices are delivered, please note that the teacher will be able to share their screen with the in-person students via the projector and the whiteboard and therefore provide them with quality direct in-person instruction and assistance
- Unfortunately, there will be specific tools that cannot be utilized in a “shared device” concept, such as I-Ready, which would require the student to have their own device. In these specific situations, the team will be making accommodations, either providing paper-based substitutes or delayed assignment times. For instance, if some students are working on iReady during the day, those without a computer available will work on other material during the day and will be expected to complete the iReady work at home where they hopefully have a device.
Staff Birthdays-August, September, & October
Ms. Taylor- 8/5
Ms. Taverna- 8/7
Ms. Stockewell- 8/7
Ms. Yauch- 8/11
Ms. Finocan- 8/16
Ms. DeSimone- 8/17
Ms. Caperna- 8/18
Mr. Pearlman- 8/18
Ms. Bottenfield- 8/21
Ms. Kazondovi- 8/29
Ms. Greenman- 9/5
Ms. Vargas- 9/7
Ms. Contardo- 9/28
Ms. Johnson- 9/29
Ms. Lee- 10/2
Ms. Rutter- 10/6
Ms. Ellis- 10/14
Ms. Appleman- 10/16
Ms. Solivan- 10/25