RHS BlueJay Bulletin
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent Teacher Conferences will take place on Monday, October 26th from 2:30 PM -6:30 PM and on Thursday, October 29th from 8:00 AM- 8:00 PM.
Conferences will be held via Zoom and will require an appointment.
Teachers are sending general invitations to all of the parents/guardians in every class.
Participation is encouraged, but not required.
When you respond to an email invite, be sure to tell the teacher your name, who your student is, and the date and time you wish to meet. Because the emails are sent as a class email via SISK12, they have no way of knowing who you are referring to.
You can request a Zoom meet or phone call. If you select a Zoom conference, the teacher will email you a link. It must be by appointment time.
There will not be any appointments outside of the dates provided.
Junior and Senior Jostens Information
Jostens will also be providing senior information during advisory in the next two weeks. Please make sure you are attending and staying up on communication from your advisory teacher.
EF Tour Trip (not school sponsored)- Ms. Kolster
If you're interested in getting more information, Ms. Kolster hosting a meeting on Zoom on Oct 20th at 7pm. Click here to get registered for the meeting so you can receive the Zoom link: https://bit.ly/36tzMQw
Student Expectation Reminders
- Zoom classroom meetings are required and count towards your attendance grade.
- Cameras must be on in order to receive full participation points unless you have permission from the classroom teacher, a counselor or administrator for valid reasons.
- Clothing must be school appropriate.
- Find a place in your house free from distractions and loud noises to be in class.
- Act as if you are at school (refrain from texting, laying in your bed, sleeping, etc)
- These grades are NOT hold harmless and will go on your transcript.
- Use tutorial time wisely to complete assignments and get help from teachers.
- Check your email DAILY.
- Check Google Classroom DAILY.
- Do not turn in BLANK Documents and expect to receive points.
Student Absence Procedures
Because we are unable to use SISK12 for virtual attendance, The district has instituted the Weekly Virtual Attendance (WVA) grade to ensure students are participating. This amounts to 20 points a week and is comprised of:
- Being Present and camera on unless otherwise approved by a teacher, admin, or counselor.
- Participating in class discussions, responding to questions, tying in the chat when asked, and following directions.
- Being on time.
Procedure for Excusing Absences:
- Call (816) 268- 7310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The attendance office will verify documentation and or reason and communicate to the teachers whether or not the absence was excused.
- Once the attendance office sends verification to teachers that the absence is excused, the student may make up the session as determined by the teacher. If they successfully make it up, they will receive the 5 points back.
A & B Day Calendar
RHS Website- Online Learning Resources Link
Care Corner- Social Worker Updates from Ms. Fontenot
Emergent Assistance Application Deadline: October 30th
As we enter the fourth quarter, the Love Fund is working hard to serve all children who applied in 2020. In order to meet the needs of children on our waiting lists, the application deadline for 2020 emergent assistance will be Friday, October 30th.
Applications received after the October 30th deadline will be automatically declined; case managers will be asked to reapply in 2021.
Please use the application linked below to apply for:
- Baby items such as cribs, strollers, car seats
- Beds and bedding
- Extracurricular fees and gear
- Sensory items
Currently there is no waiting list for beds. If you have a child in need of a twin bed, submit your application today!
If you have questions about what assistance we provide: please visit the FAQ page on our website.
Free Telehealth Services:
Blue Cross Blue Shield Kansas City
During these trying times, access to health care is more important than ever. Blue KC cares and is providing free telehealth services for all Kansas City citizens through December 31, 2020. Patients do not need insurance; they can connect with MeMD 24/7 from their laptop, tablet or smartphone without leaving home.
For more information on how to connect and use telehealth, visit:https://www.bluekc.com/consumer/access/index.html
Virtual Learning Resources and Orientation on RHS Website
We have added important information to our school website page. RHS Website
On the menu bar, you will see a tab called Virtual Orientation. Here you will find Meet the Teacher Open House Videos, Freshman Orientation Presentation, and Virtual Learning Resources. Use the Links below to access each page. There are helpful videos embedded in the Virtual Learning Presentation that give instructions regarding Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.
The Newsletter is now also on our website page under the BlueJay Bulletin Tab.
Student Services Staff Contacts