CSA Lincoln Newsletter
August 5th, 2016
Principal's Notes and Highlights
We practiced our first fire drill today and reviewed new Town Hall Meeting expectations. I also got to eat lunch with several first grade students. Andy taught me quite a lot about Minecraft!
- We received several emails about how happy parents and students were with the start of the year. I always enjoy sharing the positive feedback with staff. Thank you for your support!
- Student Drop-off in the morning: It is time to start the transition of dropping students off in the gym instead of the classrooms. We believe these three days are sufficient time for this transition for both students and parents. You are always welcome to sign-in the main office as a visitor if you have arranged a meeting with your teacher. This is important to maintaining a secure building. Thank you for making safety our top priority!
- Fun Friday- Students and staff are encouraged to dress in Olympic or patriotic themed clothing next Friday! Have a favorite Olympic team other than the USA? Feel free to wear their gear. Don't have any Olympic gear? You can always wear a color of the Olympic rings (blue, gold, black, green and red). Just for fun!
- This past Monday, we had our Ferris Bueller themed teacher work day. Last year it was Mighty Ducks and a few of our younger teachers noted this was the second year in a row I've picked a movie that was made before they were born...Our focus was how we plan to move CSA Lincoln from being a great school to a new level of excellence. This starts with developing expert teachers and building strong relationships with our students and their families. Everyone is on board and excited to get started. Mr. Shipley told me "there is just a great positive vibe about our team this year" and I couldn't agree with him more. We worked hard, handed a few prizes out, had some fun, and ended the evening with the staff and their families coming over to our house for a cookout. It's easy to see why our staff are such wonderful people when you meet their amazing families!
Have a great weekend!
CSA Lincoln staff and their families!
K-3 Growth Model Report Card Parent Meeting- Wednesday
Busy on Wednesday evening? Don't worry about it. Below is an informational video outlining what I'll be discussing at the parent meeting. Lucky for you the app only allows for videos 10 minutes or less!
Due Tuesday- Back to School Packet- Now Available Electronic Fillable!
Do you suffer hand fatigue from filling out all the back to school forms? Are you the parent of multiple students and have nightmares about completing the same form 2, 3, 4 or even 5 times? Here is our solution. Everyone will still receive the manila envelope of the Back to School Packet, but you can now fill these out electronically!
You will still need to complete the BLUE nurse card and the Free/Reduced Lunch/Textbook assistance forms in the packet!
- Once you click the link, download it (down arrow).
- Select File-Save As, and title the document your student's first and last name (i.e. Calvin Findley).
- Open the pdf document from where you saved it.
- When you have completed the forms you can email them to our secretary Kristen Sparks at firstname.lastname@example.org or print and return.
- For those with multiple students you can simply take your original document, select "Save As" and list the other student's name and then just change the student information.
BCSC Elementary Enrollment Forms (Once you click the down arrow at the top, you can open it and it will be accessible to type. Don't forget to "Save As" your student name.)
Video Tutorial-downloading these forms
2015-2016 ISTEP Rescore- Students don't have to retake the test!
I've been making phone calls this week for rescores and one parent who had not filled out the form below said it was because they didn't want their student to have to retest.
They don't have to do anything extra!
Step 1: Fill out the form below. That's it.
Step 2: Mr. Findley takes care of everything else and lets you know if the score improves. Your student's score can only improve or get better. It's a win-win situation for your student!
Rescore Process- Any parent, whether your student's score was close to a benchmark or not, can request a rescore by doing so online or completing the form below. The score will either stay the same or improve. It cannot be dropped due to a rescore so it's a win-win situation.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you have questions.
Husky Hideaway- Permission slips due Monday!
Mill Race Kids Fun Run
CSA Choir Announcement
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
What is REMIND?
Principals everywhere are forgetting their complex phone trees and are using Remind as a simple way to keep their colleagues in the loop and build community at their schools.
Click on the Get Connected with REMIND above this article.
Husky Gram Winners