Mrs. Scott's Kindergarten Spot
April 3rd and 6th: No School
April 10th: Family Game Night 5:00-7:00
April 24th: Donuts for Dads 7:00-8:15
April 30th: St. John's Arboretum
Krystian: When observing the tadpoles stated: "Look! The eggs broke! I need to write this in my journal!"
Ilham: Helped clean up our room after her station
Caydence: Helped her math partner with writing his numbers back by counting with him!
April Learning Goals: WOW , we are flying!
- Read level C books or higher
- Know 40-50 Star Words
- Identify characters, setting, problem and solution, sequence events, main idea and details
- Form an opinion about books or poems and compare books to yourself, others, events or other books
- Make up rhyming words, and recognize word families (i.e. ay: pay, stay, lay, . . .)
- Read words with a silent "e"
- Read consonant blends and digraphs fluently
- Write multiple sentences about a topic, and illustrate it
- Count to 100 or more
- Read randomized numbers to 100 or more
- Count back from 20
- Put numbers 1-20 in order, with some numbers missing
- Add and subtract using pictures, objects, or a numberline to help, know when to either add or subtract by the +/- symbol
- Addition Math facts 1-10,
- Write or read math story problems
- Sort objects by color, size, shape
- Read and create patterns (aabaab, abcabc, growing by 1 more)