REES STAR NEWS
09/03/2019 | Principal: Mr. Baez | Asst. Principal: Ms. Wong
Do you shop at Kroger?
Help raise funds for our school by just shopping at your neighborhood Kroger store!
- Log in to your Kroger account.
- Search Community Rewards.
- Choose Enroll or Change Organization.
- Search Rees Elementary or our organization number: BT526.
- Choose Enroll.
It's that simple! Just use your Kroger card when you check out and Rees Elementary will receive a percentage of your sales every time you shop. Thank you in advance for all your support. See you at Kroger!
Sept. 12 - Family Library Night (5:00-7:00 PM)
Sept. 13 - Family Center Grand Opening (9:00-11:00 AM)
Sept. 17 - Fall Fundraiser Begins
Sept. 19 - Parent Night (6:00-7:45 PM)
Sept. 24 - SDC Committee Meeting (3:45 PM)
Sept. 25 - Grade 1 only Parent Lunch Begins
Sept. 26 - Kindergarten only Parent Lunch Begins
Sept. 26 - Boy Scout Rally Night (6:00-7:00 PM)
Sept. 27 - Grades 2, 3, and 4 Parent Lunch Begins
Sept. 27 - Leadership Cafe Lunch w/Principal
Sept. 30 - Student Holiday
Oct. 01 - Fall Fundraiser Ends
Oct. 10 - Family Library Night (5:00-7:00 PM)
Oct. 14 - Columbus Day/Student & Staff Holiday
Oct. 17 - Report Cards Go Home
Family Library Night
FAME Center Grand Opening
REES GOES GREEN!
This year we will continue recycling paper in all classrooms. The Green Leaders, a group of 4th graders, will collect the paper every Friday and discard it to the recycling bin in the parking lot. Global Waste Services picks up every other week. Parents, you can also bring your paper to this bin. NO cardboard, wrapping or tissue paper, and no hard cover books, please. We are also starting to collect used markers (any brand, including dry-erase and highlighters) as part of the Crayola ColorCycle Program. They recycle the plastic to make new products! Please send those to the school with your children and help us help our planet!
PARENT LUNCH DAY EXPECTATIONS
- Arrive 5 minutes before your child's lunch time.
- Please keep group size to no more than 3 visitors at a time due to limited space.
- Parents may only invite their child to the parent lunch table after handing the classroom teacher the orange card.
- Parents may not use cell phones during parent lunch days.
- Parents must monitor and supervise their children at all times.
- Students having lunch with their parents must remain seated with their parent.
- Students must be ready to line up with their class when it is time to leave.
- Leave the cafeteria after your child's lunch so that other parents have a turn to sit.
WEDNESDAYS: Grade 1 (Starts on Sept. 25)
THURSDAYS: Grade K (Starts on Sept. 26)
FRIDAYS: Grades 2, 3, 4 (Starts on Sept. 27)
* Fast food lunches should not be brought to the school for students except on the designated parent lunch day.
* Parent must present a valid ID and be listed on the registration card.
A. Orta - 11:05-11:35 AM
E. Martinez/C. Workman - 11:05-11:35 AM
A. Ortiz/B. Langin - 11:10-11:40 AM
A. Martinez/M. Hurtado - 11:45-12:15 PM
S. Peatross/N. Zian - 11:50-12:20 PM
V. Deadessis/G. Vasquez - 11:55-12:25 PM
R. Poe/P. Castillo - 11:30-12:00 PM
J. Benavidez/M. Ochoa - 11:35-12:05 PM
C. Sanders/C. Hall - 11:40-12:10 PM
J. Guerrero/K. Guzman - 12:00-12:30 PM
D. Flores/B. Castaneda - 12:05-12:35 PM
B. Smith/M. Virani -12:10-12:40 PM
D. Scott/G. Carbajal - 11:15-11:45 AM
S. Hajek/L. Sutar - 11:20-11:50 AM
N. Bouchelkia/R. Stevens - 11:25-11:55 AM