A painful injury
Ways to get a concussion
You can get a concussion from doing your everyday activities like biking, playing soccer, playing hockey, scootering or sports in general. It doesn't have to be sports thought, you could get one by waking and texting.
How to treat your concussion to feel better?
You can treat it by resting and not doing a lot of physical activity. Resting helps by not focusing on anything and not moving a lot.
Signs and symptoms of a concussion may include:
- Headache or a feeling of pressure in the head
- Temporary loss of consciousness
- Confusion or feeling as if in a fog
- Amnesia surrounding the traumatic event
- Dizziness or "seeing stars"
- Ringing in the ears
- Slurred speech
- Delayed response to questions
- Appearing dazed