PEEK OF THE WEEK
COOPER UPPER ELEMENTARY
Our Big Rocks
- 2/21-3/29 Think Spring Flower Sale - Checks can be written to Livonia Public Schools
- 3/19 Emerson Open House 6:30-8:30 PM
- 3/21 Human Growth Parent Meeting 5th & 6th Grade 6:00 - 7:00 PM in the Cooper LMC
5th Grade Music Choice Meeting
BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND CALENDAR
- 3/26 Dentist R Us
- 3/29 Breakfast, Blankets and Books ( more information to come)
- Think Spring Flower Sales Due
- 4/1-4/5 Spring Break
- 4/8-5/3 5th Grade M-Step Testing
- 4/17 Aladdin 7:00 PM @ FHS
- 4/18 PTA Athletika Night – details coming soon!
- 4/22 & 4/23 Wild Safari Assembly
- 4/25 Youth Making A Difference 6:00-8:00 PM at Churchill High School
- 4/29-5/24 6th Grade M-Step
- 5/6-5/17 I Ready Testing
- 5/17 Tigers Night
The Detroit Tigers
Friday, May 17th 7:10 PM Detroit Tigers vs. Oakland Athletics Price: $21 (Lower level Pavilion)
*A portion of each ticket purchased will benefit our school
All orders can be placed online with a credit card. The link for our school is https://groupmatics.events/event/Cooperupper7 You will be able to SELECT your seats from the block that is on hold for us and PRINT your tickets after completing your order.
A per ticket fee will be added at checkout for this service Tickets are limited. Please order early
Livonia Public Schools Parent/Guardian Human Growth Informational Meeting for 5th and 6th Grade
Livonia Public Schools has established a program of instruction, for students, which includes HIV/AIDS, serious communicable disease prevention education, and sexuality education. (Please note: not all of the above mentioned content is taught in 5th grade.)
According to Michigan law, you have the right to review the materials and curriculum content to be used in the unit. Therefore, you are invited to attend a meeting to review the curriculum on Thursday, March 21st at 6 p.m.-7 p.m. in the Cooper L.M.C. (library).
This meeting is scheduled prior to the start of instruction so you can determine whether you will give approval for your child’s participation. Parents and guardians may exclude their children from all or portions of this unit of study without penalty. Participation permission slips will be going home shortly after the March 21st meeting.
ALL students MUST return the note to their teacher stating whether they will be opting in or opting out of the unit. We will not assume that your child is opting out simply because they did not return a note. We need to have a note from every student.
In addition, each teacher will be, individually, scheduling the dates for the unit to be taught for your child’s class. Your child’s teacher will inform you of the date the unit will begin.
Shalonda Owens, Cooper Principal
Kristi Collyer, Assistant Principal
On Wednesday, April 17th the Cooper 6th grade vocal classes will perform a concert presentation of "Aladdin, kids" at Franklin High School at 7:00 PM. All 6th grade vocal students are participating in this exciting event and all are welcome to enjoy the classic Disney songs we have all grown to love, including "Arabian Nights", "A Friend Like Me", and "Prince Ali". There is no charge for this concert.
Who: All Orchestra Students in Grades 6-12
Where: Stevenson High School Competition Gymnasium
When: Wednesday, March 27th at 7p.m.
Arrival time: Students will need to arrive by 6:15 P.M. (to get tuned and for a dress rehearsal with the other upper elementary schools.)
Dress: Students should dress nicely (if possible no jeans/shorts/running pants)
Special Note: Students are responsible for bringing a music stand to the concert. Your child may share a stand with another student of the same instrument and is welcome to borrow one from me. Music stands will be handed out in class to any student that requests one.
Please let me know if you have any questions or if your child is unable to attend.
Thanks! Sandy Crociata email@example.com
Parking Lot Reminders
Please help us keep everyone safe and keep traffic flowing as best we can.
- Please stay to the right when entering the parking lot. The left side is an exit lane.
- Please drop students off in the drop off zone (sidewalk between the bikerack and door past main entrance) as soon as traffic comes to a stop. If everyone waits and pulls up to front door it slows traffic flow.
- If you choose not to use drop off/pickup lane please park in a designated spot and walk your student across to the sidewalk or pick up at sidewalk and walk across to car.
- Please keep eyes on the road and be on the lookout for others walking through the lot. We have had several close calls and don't want anyone to get injured.
- Please yield to bus traffic entering and exiting the lot.
Cooper Upper Elementary PTA Board Nominations
Nominations for the 2019-20 PTA Executive Board are now being taken. All positions are open annually in accordance with our bylaws. We welcome everyone interested in a position to come forward. This is a great opportunity for you to stay involved in our Cooper community.
Nominations can be made by filling out this form and returning it to school in your child’s take-home folder, dropping in the PTA mailbox in the office, or bring them to the April or May board meetings. You may place a nomination for yourself or someone else you feel would be a great candidate for the job. Anyone who has expressed an interest verbally will also need to fill out this form. All those nominated will be contacted before the vote in order to accept or decline. Once voted upon the person must be a member of the PTA to accept the position.
NOMINATIONS ARE DUE BY THE MAY 8th MEETING
Name of Nominee: _____________________________________
Phone and/or email: _____________________________________
1st Vice President _______
2nd Vice President _______
Asst. Treasurer _______
Please return completed form to the PTA mailbox in the office, return in your child’s take-home folder, or bring to the April or May PTA meeting.