Media Center News
Indiana School for the Deaf, December 2, 2014
Use your library card to reserve books online! Click on My Account, type in your card number (the PIN is the last four numbers), then reserve books with the pick up location being ISD.
Download the app, then use your library card to check out e-books! More information will be sent soon on how to use the iPads to read ebooks through IMCPL.
Zinio - emagazines
Download the app, then use your library card to check out e-magazines. Contact Donna Keller if you would like to set up a workshop for your students or yourself on how to do this.
Colt Strong, Library Strong
Remind your students:
COLTSTRONG, LIBRARYSTRONG II Campaign
The campaign highlight is a contest for kids, ages 6-17, to use their Library cards for a chance to win a visit in person from Andrew Luck and Dwayne Allen, hosted at the Library branch of their choice. Mr. Allen and Mr. Luck want to build awareness and generate excitement about using a Library card to get free resources from the Library.
Here’s the game plan:
· Contest begins at 12 a.m. on Saturday, November 15.
· Contest is open to children, 6 through 17 years of age (the 18th birthday is the cutoff date).
· The prize is a visit from Colts players Andrew Luck and Dwayne Allen hosted at the IndyPL location (not ISD) selected by the winner.
· The prize visit will be a special meet-and-greet time and activities for the winner and 20 close friends & family and will not be open to the general public.
· Every time a child’s library card is used – in any capacity – a chance to win is electronically entered. No need for paper entry forms or drawing box!
· The rule is one entry per person, per day. Even with multiple card uses, our electronic system will automatically limit the count to one.
· Contest ends December 31 at 11:59 p.m.
· One winner will be randomly drawn by computer and notified on January 9, 2015.
· Sorry, children of IndyPL staff and Shared System library staff are not eligible to win.
Let’s get more books in our students hands by having them visit the Media Center often!
Technology Reserving and Use
1. Laptops - Staff may checkout laptops for instructional/presentation purposes. Students and staff may use laptops in the Media Center. Please instruct your students to put the laptops back in the correct slot, and to plug them in.
2. LCD projector - Staff may check out the LCD projector for instructional/presentation purposes. Because of demand, we prefer that they be returned that same day.
3. Media Center for meetings - Staff may reserve the Media Center for meetings or presentations. Send us an Outlook appointment, with needed equipment in the notes section. There is a ceiling-mounted LCD projector and a large screen, as well as a mobile LCD projector and a smaller screen that may be set up. If you need assistance with setting up prior to your event, just let us know in the Outlook appt. You can put the equipment away after your meeting.
4. Studio - Staff may reserve the studio area for instructional/presentation purposes. There is a Canon HD video camera available for use in the Media Center studio only, not to be taken out of the room. There are JVC video cameras that may be checked out.
5. PCs and Mac Minis - Teachers may reserve the PCs and Mac Minis (as well as the laptops) in the red notebook near the front entrance.
Media Center Archives - a wealth of historical information!
ISD Media Center Staff and Hours
Donna Keller, Media Specialist, email@example.com, 317-493-0613
Mindy Jo Wilson (Mon/Wed/alt. Fri), firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-493-0612
Kristin Stevens (Tue/Th/alt. Fri), email@example.com, 317-493-0612
Open Monday - Friday, 7:45 AM - 3:45 PM