Newsletter from Employee Health Promotions
What is Employee Health Promotions?
- Watch for EHP FYI in your email each month, where we will highlight need to know and good to know information for your health and wellness.
- Get to know your Building EHP Representive(s), learn what activities they have planned for your building and join in!
- Mark your calendars and plan to participate in our District-wide activities! August 30th Flu Shot Clinic, February 10K-A-Day, March Fitness Madness, April Active Event and May Shake It Up .
Who is My Employee Health Promotion Site Representative?
Mark Your Calendar: August 30th Flu Shot Clinic
2018 Flu Shot Clinic What You Need to Know
- QUADRIVALENT FLU SHOT Protects against four flu strains (two A Strains and two B Strains)
- Appropriate for ages 6 months and up
- Clinic is open to employees and their dependents
- Advance sign up is encouraged. You may do that HERE.
- Cost per shot: $38.00 Hennepin Healthcare will collect a check/cash from individuals not designating insurance.
- Hennepin Healthcare is able to bill any insurance provider. However, it is the responsibility of the participants to confirm their coverage with their provider.
Vital Worklife Employee Assistance Program
Examples of services available:
Chemical Dependency Assessment
Face to Face counseling
Legal and Financial discounts
Phone number is: 1-800-383-1908.
Website is: http://vitalworklife.com username-mankatoschools, password -member
Other Resources for Your Wellness
- MAPS Community Education and Recreation classes and events are advertised in the seasonal brochure each Fall, Winter and Summer. Employees are eligible for a $10 fee reduction for a class in each brochure. Each individual must register and provide their employee email address and work site. Contact the CER office at 507-387-5501 for more information.
- READY! for Kindergarten. At the time of a requested paternity/maternity leave, an employee is entitled to two (2) years of READY! for Kindergarten Classes advertised in the seasonal Early Childhood Brochure. Registration is conducted through the Early Learning Office by calling 507-625-4620 or stopping by the Family Learning Center, 820 Hubbell in Mankato and completing the paperwork process.
- The Omada program is now available to all our health plan participants and adult dependents. Omada® is a digital lifestyle change program that inspires healthy habits that last. It combines the latest technology with useful information and ongoing support from a health coach - an approach shown to promote weight loss and reduce risk for type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Watch a two-minute overview at vimeo.com/130130870. Individuals can find out if they're eligible for the program by taking a one-minute risk screener at omadahealth.com/mhc.
- Vitals SmartShopper is another new program. It’s a health care shopping and savings program that works with your medical benefits. With SmartShopper, you and your covered family members shop for different medical procedures and tests via phone, web, or mobile device. When you choose to have your procedure at a facility on the SmartShopper list, you earn cash. You also save money on what you pay out-of-pocket for the procedure. Register by calling the SmartShopper Personal Assistance Team at 1-866-285-7452 or go online to bcbsmn.vitalssmartshopper.com.