Cultures of Rome
By: Elizabeth Manriquez & Dayanna Torres
- Fit the crime commited
- fines-pay money
- banishments-have to leave Rome
- execution if guilty of treason
- patricide-killing your father, was punished by being drowned in a river
- slaves were beaten harder word, or often crusifed
- Natural laws giving every citizen rights- Connected to life, liberty, and pursuit of happines
- Where do we see that in the United States ?
- Judges made court decisions from trials and evidence
- Male citizens enjoyed all of the rights
- Women had limited right - no voting or government offices
- Slaves were property with almost no rights - small chances for freedom
- Freedment were former slaves with limited rights.