Whitehorse Library Media Center
Librarian: Jennifer Milne-Carroll
The Whitehorse Library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- Our program will be promoting the very best of children’s literature to your child.
- We be doing our very best to get (or keep) your child “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- We will add 100 or more new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non-fiction to help meet the Common Core requirements.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child
- The new Nooks in the library will be available for reading e-books this year!
- We have a lot of special events being planned, including two book fairs, the Battle of the Books competitions and reading contests