The Sonoma Ranch Elementary School Principal's Newsletter
Year 7 Issue 226
We Engage We Educate We Inspire
The PTSO Check-A-Thon has been such a huge success we are extending it through Monday. Stiudents can still earn prizes. PTSO will be on campus Monday handing out prizes. We are thrilled and grateful for the support of our efforts to update the library and expand the collection of books available to students. Thank you all for supporting SRE PTSO!
As the weather turns warm again I wanted to remind everyone that students should bring a water bottle to school each day. They can be refilled throughout the day at our water bottle filling stations (a generous donation from the SRE PTSO!). The water fountains remain turned off inside, so it is important that students bring a water bottle to stay hydrated.
There has been no change to the GPS policy requiring face coverings at this time. Should that change we will of course notify the Ranch community.
EXTENDED THRU MONDAY!
PTSO has extended the deadline for the PTSO Check-A-Thon! If you'd like to donate to this fundraiser please go to their website at http://www.sonomaranchptso.com/or send a check or cash in the envelope to school on Monday
Stallions have a chance to win some awesome prizes!
- 1st place prize: Class with highest donation total gets a pizza party with music and games!
- 2nd place: Class with 2nd highest donation total get an ice cream sundae party!
- Every class who has every student make a donation will receive a donut party!
- Every student who makes a donation of $1 or more receives a candy bar!
- Every student who makes a donation of $40 or more gets to pick a new book! There are several different books to choose from, ranging in all different reading levels.
- The 10 students with the highest donation amount get to SLIME Mr. Kelly!!!
For students to be considered for prizes, donations will need to be received by the end of the school day on Friday March 26th.
Any questions??? Please email PTSO at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Note from PTSO
PTSO is looking for parent volunteers to help with Teacher Appreciation week! (May 3rd-7th) We need help with meals, gifts and some behind the scenes items that can be done at home! If you are interested, please email email@example.com
This Week at the Ranch
- PTSO Check-A-Thon ends
- Student Council General Meeting afterschool - library
Ms. Molly Meyer's Birthday!
Early Release 1:55 PM
Spring Holiday - No School
There is no school on Monday, April 5th
Do Not Come To School
- Please remember to start doing the student health assessment each day before school again. Please view the assessment here.
- For more information including health resources and information please visit www.gilbertschools.net/healthservices.
Lunch (and breakfast) is Free
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has extended free meals for children 18 years and younger until further notice to help ensure all children have access to nutritious food as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Gilbert Public Schools will provide combo meals at no cost to students for breakfast and lunch. A combo meal includes an entree, fruit and/or vegetable and beverage (milk and/or juice).
We certainly encourage our families to take advantage of this opportunity.
Please click the calendar link above for upcoming events at the Ranch
Do you shop at Fry's?
Enroll in Fry's Community Rewards and earn money for a Sonoma Ranch every time you shop. It’s easy and free to enroll! When you link your Shopper’s Card, every purchase you make provides funds for the Ranch! Plus, you’ll earn fuel points at the same time. Click the link to sign up: https://www.frysfood.com/topic/school-programs
Sonoma Ranch Elementary has a presence in the social media world. We have both an Instagram and Twitter account. The same content is posted to both, and it is a fun way to see all the amazing things happening at the Ranch. Follow us @Stallion_Strong on Twitter and Instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/stallion_strong/?hl=en)