Mrs. Baker's Newsletter
September 19th, 2019
What is going on?
Thank you so much for all the supplies! We have had a good time! I appreciate your help!
Be on the look out for an email from Mrs. Varljen on how to sign up for K-2 Clubs. Parents are supposed to sign their kids up in the next few days.
We do have an assembly tomorrow. Please have the kids drop off their backpacks on the porch and go into the cafe. Remind them to not drop them in front of the door.
We do have a place value and word work test tomorrow. Word work sentences are graded on conventions. (capitals and punctuation)
- Sept. 20 7:40 Friday Assembly: K-2nd Grades Student Leader Recognition
- Sept 26th Fire drill 10:00
- Sept 27th Fall Pictures
- Oct 14 and 15th No School-
- Oct 30th Field Trip
Raz Kids log in sheets are in the Thursday folders.
* Fundraiser Dates - September 9th thru 27th - It already started!
* Thursday folder fliers - September 12th and 19th
* 5 time periods for class competitions - All periods close at Noon of the last day.
- Sept 9th-12th
- Sept 13th-16th
- Sept 17th-20th
- Sept 21st-24th
- Sept 25th-27th
* Please encourage people to double their donation thru their company matching program.
* Online donations versus donations with the donation form are encouraged. The link is www.sommerpta.my-pta.org
* Overall highest class each period, gets the large school trophy.
* Highest class per grade level per period, gets a small class trophy to keep.
* Top 2 classes will get to silly string their teacher and Mrs. Varljen.
* If the school goal of $30,000 is achieved, Kona Ice for everyone on October 4th.
* All classes with 100% participation will receive pajama day or bring an electronic device to school on the day of your choosing.
This and That!
A Simple Hello Can Lead to a Million Things - A student perspective on the impact of a simple hello
How to Say Hello in 15 Different Languages - Go Noodle Video - Teach students how to say “Hello” and greet others in different languages
Watch a read aloud of the book We're All Wonders (Sesame Street Read Aloud) for inspiration. Read, watch, and create a book about embracing differences and promoting tolerance.
How To Ask Someone to Play - A great video for students (especially younger students) who may benefit from step by ideas with how to initiate play with someone else
View the teacher read-aloud of the book: Kindness is Cooler Mrs. Ruler by Margery Cuyler.