Kindergarten Kingdom News...
Mrs. Johnson's and Mrs. Lawlor's Kindergarten Class
We are learning...
Math: We are learning about positional words. We used our friend "Pete the Cat" to help us identify the different positional words.
Science/Social Studies: We learned about Christopher Columbus this week. We talked about what it means to be an explorer. We are also still talking about motion and ways things move. Thank you to Mrs. Basarab for coming in to help us make ice cream in a bag- sure took a lot of movement to make this frozen treat!
WEAR PAJAMAS TO SCHOOL ON MONDAY!
The Alliance Theatre Group came to play with us!
We got to interact with the performers and had such a fun experience!
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!
Whew! It was cold and it was hard work to make it.... but it sure tasted good!
Things to remember...
- Please return your student's report card signed in two places- on the bottom of the second page of the report card AND on the report card envelope in the appropriate spot.
- CHANGE OF PLANS- We will celebrate meeting our Boosterthon goal on Monday, October 19th by having a school-wide pajama day. Students AND teachers can wear pajamas to school that day. Please make sure to wear appropriate shoes for recess and exploratories. Guidelines for wearing pajamas:
Shoulders and mid-drifts must be covered.
Pajama bottoms must be fingertip length or longer.
If a nightgown or night shirt is worn, students should wear shorts underneath.
- Proper footwear must be worn so that children can participate in PE and recess.
- We will celebrate the 50th day on Friday, October 23rd. Students are invited to dress as the 50's decade. We will also celebrate with some other activities.
- Red Ribbon Week is October 26th-30th. There is a theme for each day: Monday- Wear as much red as you can! Tuesday- Put a cap on drugs- wear your favorite hat. Wednesday- Sock it to drugs- wear crazy socks. Thursday- Team up against drugs- wear your favorite team jersey. Friday- It's crazy to do drugs- Wear something crazy. This is also our book character parade day.
- We will have our Kindergarten Book Character Parade on Friday, October 30th. Please follow the guidelines listed on the page sent home last week. No masks please and wear appropriate shoes.
- Marina is our "Knight ot the Week" next week!
- Thank you to all of our volunteers! We couldn't do it without you!!
October 16: Report Cards go home
October 19: School- wide PAJAMA DAY!
October 19: Collection day for Boosterthon Pledges!
October 20: Spirit "Knight" @ Chick-fil-A in Kedron Shopping Center
October 22: Classroom Poetry Recitation
October 23: 50th Day of School Celebration- Dress like the 50s decade!
October 23: Bus Driver Appreciation Day!
October 26-30: RED RIBBON WEEK
October 30: Kindergarten Book Character Parade at 9:15 am in the Bus Loop! Dress like your favorite book character! (NO masks please!)