Lumber River Basin
By: Aaron Wilson & Grace Adler
Point/Non-Point Source Pollution
- Animal lots (point source)
- House hold chemicals (point source)
- Malfunctioning sewage systems
- Urban run off
- Septic tanks
- Power plants (point source)
Non-point~ The DWQ created the Lumber River Basin wide water quality plan to help clean up pollution in the river basin
Point~ A solution to point source pollution could be waste water treatment plants which will treat the polluted water and run it through filters.
Point and Non Point Source Descriptions
- Animal Lots- the water in the basin can become contaminated from animal waste may flow into it.
- Nuclear Power Plants- Can possibly leak radiation into waters and will contaminate waters making them extremely dangerous for wildlife.
- Agriculture- Fertilizers and Pesticides can get into water polluting it and causing a hazard to wildlife who use the water as a source to drink from.
- Urban Run Off- Surface run off of water caused from urbanization which is major source of urban flooding and can cause pollution problems in urban communities worldwide.