February 19-22, 2019
A Note From Mrs. Garrison
THANK YOU to all the families, friends and neighbors who helped make our Boosterthon Fun Run such a success!! Thank you so much to our school sponsors Hughes & Cozad Orthodontics and John Ayre Jr. DDS.
Congratulations to our 2018-2019 Honorees:
Teacher of the Year, Ali O'Leary, Rising Star, Mackensey Baker and Humanitarian of the Year, Melissa Hanley!
Your sweet Valentine greetings and treats made our day. Our staff is blessed by your kindness and generosity. We are thankful for your sweet children!
Enjoy the long weekend!
Week at a Glance
- President's Day- Student Holiday!
- 8:15 am PTO Meeting
- 7:20 am Treble-Makers Rehearsal
- 7:20 am Treble-Makers Rehearsal
- 3:30 GOTR
- 3:10-4:30 Treble-Makers Rehearsal
It's flu season! According to the Department of State Health Services, the percentage of people testing positive for influenza has risen sharply over the last few weeks. To prevent the spread of the flu, use these tips:
- Sudden onset of fever, cough, and headache are signs of the flu. Body aches and fatigue may be present as well.
- Your child should STAY HOME if ill. The flu virus is easily transmitted to others about one day before symptoms begin, and for up to a week, even if antiviral medication is being taken.
- Contact your health care provider ASAP if you become ill. Medications are available to reduce the severity and duration of flu symptoms, but are most effective if started early.
- Practice washing hands and covering coughs with your child so they can protect themselves, and their friends.
- If you haven't already received a flu shot, it's not too late. Flu shots are recommended for most individuals 6 months of age and older.
If your child does become ill, allow them to rest at home. These guidelines have been provided by CISD to help you determine whether or not your child should come to school:
- Students must not come to school if temperature is greater than 100.0 F
- If medications like Tylenol, Advil or Motrin are being used to control or prevent fever, your student should stay at home. Students must be fever-free (below 100.0 F) for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication before returning to school.
- Please contact us if your child tests positive for the flu.
Thank you for helping to keep our Powell Family healthy and happy by observing these guidelines!
Powell parents, if you are a local business owner and would like to donate to our Silent Auction this year, please contact Carrie Mathes via e-mail at email@example.com. We would love to support our local businesses and our Powell parents by advertising their place of business in our Spring Carnival Silent Auction Catalog! Also, our silent Auction Chair is also looking for a volunteer to help put together our silent auction this year, if interested please contact Carrie Mathes at the email address posted above.
If you are interested in helping with the Spring Carnival, please contact Abbie and Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our Lost & Found is overflowing! All unclaimed items will be donated on 3/1.
Help Sponsor the Powell Spring Carnival
If your Fourth Grader is going to Mitchell next year, please take note of important dates!
Knox Drama Theatre Arts Workshop
Saturday, March 2nd, 9am-12pm
12104 Sawmill Road
Cost – $15.00 You can pre-register or pay at the door that morning.
Open to ages K-6!
Groups will be K-2nd grade, 3rd - 4th grade, and 5th- 6th grade.
2. Stage Makeup
3. Theatre Games
4. Stage acting with costumes and
Questions? Email Kami Jackson at Kjackson@conroeisd.net
Crossing Guard Appreciation Day
Go Texan Day
Kindergarten Rodeo Day
End of Grading Period
Daylight Saving Time Begins
Book Fair Preview
Donuts With Divas
Powell Elementary School is committed to creating an environment that promotes academic excellence, and a love for learning. Our goal is to build relationships that empower students, and develop responsible, patriotic citizens, and confident leaders.