Apps of the Week!
The writing apps below assist students in strengthening their creative thought process, providing an open space to work, or are references while writing.
Make technology work for you and use the following apps to allow students to creatively improve the writing process. These apps are ubiquitous; they are not content or grade specific, they work at all levels and any content idea.
Technology Applications TEKS Kinder- 2nd
- Creativity and innovation. (1A) Apply prior knowledge to develop new ideas, products, and processes and (2B) Create original products using a variety of resources
- Communication and collaboration. (2C) Format digital information, including font attributes, color, white space, graphics, and animation, for a defined audience and communication medium
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making. (4C) Evaluate products prior to final submission
- Digital citizenship. (5A) Adhere to acceptable use policies reflecting appropriate behavior in a digital environment and (5B) Comply with acceptable digital safety rules, fair use guidelines, and copyright laws
- Technology operations and concepts. (6F) Demonstrate keyboarding techniques for operating the alphabetic, numeric, punctuation, and symbol keys appropriate for Kindergarten-Grade 2 learning
Technology Application TEKS 3rd-5th
- Creativity and innovation. (1A) Create original products using a variety of resources
- Communication and collaboration. (2A) Draft, edit, and publish products in different media individually and collaboratively and (2B) Use font attributes, color, white space, and graphics to ensure that products are appropriate for multiple communication media, including monitor display, web, and print
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making. (4C) Evaluate student-created products through self and peer review for relevance to the assignment or task
- Digital citizenship. (5A) Adhere to acceptable use policies reflecting positive social behavior in the digital environment; (5B) Respect the intellectual property of others; and (6D) Protect and honor the individual privacy of oneself and others
- Technology operations and concepts. (6B) Manipulate files using appropriate naming conventions; file management, including folder structures and tagging; and file conversions