It's a great day to be a Gator! (SEPTEMBER EDITION)
From the Principal's Desk
"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall"--F.Scott Fitzgerald
September has been a busy month at Adler Park! Our students are now adjusted to their daily routines and summer feels like a distant memory.
We are looking forward to seeing many of you during parent teacher conferences. Parent-teacher conferences take place twice each year -- once in October and once in February. The October conferences will be held in person on October 12th from 5:15 – 8:15 and 13th from 3:15 – 8:15. Conferences are scheduled in 15-minute time slots with homeroom teachers only. If you would like to meet with a teacher other than your child’s homeroom teacher, please contact her/him directly.
In order to schedule a conference, parents need to register and then schedule through a website called PTC Wizard. The registration window is open now through October 7th. After October 7th, conferences will need to be scheduled by contacting the classroom teacher directly via email. The directions for registering and scheduling as well as a link to the website can be found on the Adler website under the "Student Life" and "Conferences" tab.
Thank you for sending your kids to school with us! We are so thankful to work with them and see them every day!
Upcoming Dates To Know
- Bus Evacuation Drill Practice (October 3rd)
- AFA Ganello's pasta lunch (October 3rd)
- No School: Yom Kippur (October 5th)
- AFA Book Fair (October 12th and 13th)
- Early Release--1:15--for Parent Teacher Conferences (October 13th)
- Parent Teacher Conferences (October 12th and 13th)
- No School: (Friday, October 14th)
- Halloween Parties (October 31st)
Pick up and Drop off + Construction!
Please take a moment to remind yourself with a few of our Drop-Off and Pick-Up procedures. Our goal is to be as efficient as possible while maintaining a safe environment. Adler staff members will be asked to enforce these guidelines when supervising in the morning and afternoon.
- Cars should be entering through Adler Park and pulling up to the far corner of the Drop-Off and Pick-Up lane to expedite the process.
- Students should be exiting the car on the side of the car facing the building/playground area. This may require some cars to adjust their car seat placement and configurations!
- Students should be exiting the vehicle unassisted. Kindergarten aged students are the exception to this rule. If your student needs additional assistance getting out of the car, please use the main entrance parking lot and walk your student to the back of the building.
- Cars should not be passing other cars while waiting in the Pick-Up or Drop-Off line. Please wait until you can exit in a single file; there are many safety risks associated as some students may unexpectedly open car doors or exit out of the left side of their vehicle.
- NEW - Please be aware that our school buses may be using both sides of the parent lane to access the bus turnaround during construction on Milwaukee Avenue.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
AFA Events and Opportunities
Book Fair Help needed!
Use this link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0944afa622a7fd0-fall
If you have any questions, please contact Catherine Kung (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jen Bowman (email@example.com)
Gator Gallop: Sunday, October 9th
We are excited to bring back a Gallup like years past with amazing obstacles and prizes. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
It's time to kick off this year's AFA Gator Gallop. Traditionally this is the AFA’s biggest fundraiser of the year. The last few years have obviously been scaled back but this year its back and bigger than ever. The suggested donation amount is $10 per participant (kids and adults). Donation is not required to participate. Please choose a comfortable donation amount that helps support the AFA, which brings our students Lunch Bunch, Assemblies, Famous Artist Series, Ice Cream Socials, Book Fair, Field Day and so much more!
Registration Fee can be submitted:
- Electronically thru Zelle or ChasePay to: firstname.lastname@example.org Memo: Gallop and # of runners
- By sending cash or check (to AFA) in an envelope to school marked Gator Gallop including your Student’s Name and registration form.
Volunteer on Oct. 9th to make this a great event for the Adler community! All are welcome but we are trying to make this a dad led event. So DAD's step up and volunteer!
Sign Up Genius: https://signup.com/go/RfmhTTk
Student Activities and Ways to Get Involved
This year 5th graders will have the opportunity to join the Digital Storytellers Club, sponsored by Jill Przybylski. The purpose of this club is to share the amazing things that are happening in our school. Students will have the opportunity to create videos of various events throughout the school year. After the videos are created, they will be shared on the digital monitors in the school. The club will meet once a week during lunch/recess on Tuesdays. Students will learn the basics of movie making and will work collaboratively to determine important and exciting things that are happening in the school that should be shared.
- Maker Mondays are back and registration for 3rd and 4th grade is OPEN! During each Maker Monday meeting, students will have access to all of the amazing materials available in our Design Lab. Nothing will be off limits as they will let their creativity and innovative ideas take flight! They will have the freedom to design, engineer, fabricate, create and build as they choose. There is no cost to participate. Maker Monday is an after school club that will meet from 2:45-3:45 pm on Mondays.
- There is a limit to the number of students per grade level, and a lottery system has been implemented to ensure equal access to registration. You will be notified of your lottery status after the registration window is open for one week. Depending on demand, your child may not attend all of the sessions that they are available.
- 5th Grade - Maker Monday starts this Monday, October 3.
- 4th Grade - registration is open! (November 14, 21, 28, December 5)
- 3rd Grade - Please read this parent letter for more information and contact Ms. Carr if you have any questions.