West Tualatin View Elementary
Welcome to Kindergarten new and returning families!
I'm excited for the school year to begin and look forward to meeting those of you that are new to West TV!
Beaverton School District intends to welcome back all children at all grade levels for a full day of in-person instruction in the fall. Families who do not wish to send their students back for in-person instruction at their neighborhood school should apply to our permanent distance learning option, FLEX Online School.
Scarlet Valentine - Principal
- 21 years in education
- 14 years as an administrator in the Beaverton School District
- 10 years as an elementary principal in the Beaverton School District
- 3rd year as principal of West TV
- I have 1 daughter that graduated from West View High School in 2011 - she currently lives and works in Los Angeles, California
- I grew up in Corvallis, Oregon and graduated from Oregon State University
- My parents have been married for more than 50 years - both have retired and still live in Corvallis
- I love to read
- I enjoy exercising - especially Zumba and martial arts classes
- and I love spending time with friends and family
About the Kindergarten Teachers
Ms. Angie Regali
I am Angie Regali and this is my seventh year teaching kindergarten at West TV and my fifteenth year as a classroom teacher. I am so honored and excited to be your child’s teacher! My goal is to provide a nurturing environment where your child can grow as a learner, learn to love school, and make friends.
Outside of the classroom I have a busy home life. I have four daughters- Sam (junior at University of Washington), Stella (sophomore at University of Oregon), Kate (ninth grade Special Ed student at Beaverton High School), and Claire (seventh grade at Whitford). I grew up in Eugene (Go Ducks!) and I am also an animal lover. Our family pets include six hens, one turtle named Teddy, a leopard gecko named Steve, a lion head rabbit named Beau, and a sweet basset hound named Hurley. I love cooking, audio books, running, paddle boarding, camping, gardening, and teaching kindergarten!
New Kindergarten Teacher
To be hired Summer 2021
Our Kindergarten Teachers and Principal
The School Day
The school day begins at 8:00am and ends at 2:35pm.
All Kindergarten students (along with all other students at West TV) have class with their regular classroom teacher and also have classes with our Specialists: for PE, Music, Library and Technology. Specials classes rotate on a 6 day Schedule (2 days of PE, 2 days of Music, 1 day of Library and 1 day of Technology).
We will have 2 Kindergarten classrooms. Each classroom will likely have 26 to 27 students.
First Day of School
Kindergarten students in the Beaverton School District do not attend school on the first 2 days of school. During these 2 days, the Kindergarten teachers will schedule a time to meet individually with each student and do an assessment. Then half of the Kindergarten students will attend school on Day 3 and the other half on Day 5. All Kindergarten students will attend school on Day 5.
Sep 10 - First Day of School for Students with the last name beginning with A-L
Sep 13 - First Day of School for Students with the last name beginning with M-Z
Sep 14 - First Day of School for all Kindergarten students together
Other West TV Staff
Getting Ready for Kindergarten
Mrs. Kaija Daniel-Hoffman - School Counselor
- Know how to use the bathroom independently
- Know how to button and zip pants
- Practice putting on coat without help
- Practice putting full size backpack on without help
- Use a tissue independently
- Put shoes on - begin learning how to tie shoes
- Practice waking up early
- Eat independently
- Can open and close containers in lunch box
- Top 10 list to help your child get ready for Kindergarten
Parents Ready For Kindergarten
- Tens of thousands of 5 year-olds do this every year!
- Relax and breath
- Make sure shots are up to date
- Buy a full sized backpack
- Read the West TV Family Handbook on our school website - click here - it will answer most of your questions
Parent Teacher Club
President - Jason Cowart
Vice President - Karri Iverson
Treasurer - Ross Segelken
Secretary - Amy Bradford
Volunteer Coordinator - Sarah Hopkins
Co-Volunteer Coordinator - Jill Bushman
Ways & Means - Sarah Loumena
- The West TV Parent Teacher Club (PTC) is an independent organization that seeks to enhance the scholastic and extracurricular lives of West TV students. PTC meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm. The dates for each month's meeting can be found on the school and PTC websites. Visit the West TV PTC website to learn more and connect with us!
Questions? Contact West TV
Options for contacting us at West TV
- Call the school office at 503-356-2510. If you leave a message, we will call you back.
- Click on this form to send us an email - West TV Contact Form
The school offices throughout the district are not currently open to the public for everyone's safety. However, the secretaries are working and will respond quickly to phone calls and emails.
West Tualatin View Vision & Mission
•At West TV we aspire to create successful, lifelong learners, who make a positive difference in the global community.
•We are committed to educating students with essential academic and life skills, and to nurture inquiring, knowledgeable students with intercultural understanding and respect.
•We are committed to developing balanced relationships by nurturing the social, emotional, and physical well-being of each student.
•We are committed to promoting the advancement of a better and more peaceful world through preparing the future generations to be culturally aware, compassionate and caring young people.