Week 16: Heredity
Mrs. Partin's Biology Class
Important Dates for the Week
This week, we will be exploring the study of Genetics and Heredity! We will investigate how traits are passed on to parents and offspring specifically focusing on inheritance patterns!
You will continue to receive small EOC Review packets every other day or so from now until the end of the semester. You will be expected to complete these packets over two evenings to turn in for a grade. Completing these packets will GREATLY improve your performance on the Final Exam which is 25% of your grade.
If you find yourself stumped along the way and needing extra help, please set an appointment for tutoring with me one morning!
- Turn in Bio.1.1 Review Packet due!
- Receive 15 Week Test back and complete Test Corrections by Thursday!
- Hemophilia & the Royal Family
- Non-Mendelien Inheritance Patterns - Incomplete Dominance & Co-Dominance
- Bio.4 EOC Review Packet handed out (due Wednesday, 5/18)
- Multiple Allele Notes
- Blood Type Lab
- Bio.4 EOC Review Packet turned in;
- Bio.1.2 EOC Review Packet handed out (due Friday, 5/20);
- Blood Type Punnet Square Practice
- Polygenic Trait Notes
- Pedigree Practice
- 15 Week Test Corrections Due!
- Pedigree Practice
- Darwin and Natural Selection Notes
- Speciation Storyboards
- Punnet Square Quiz
- Bio.1.2 EOC Review Packet turned in
- Bio.3.1 Review Packet handed out (due Monday, 5/23)
- Finish Speciation
- Evidence for Change Through Time
- Let's Play Sequence Lab
Notes and EOC Review Packet for Monday, May 16th
Notes for Tuesday, May 17th
Notes and EOC Review Packet for Wednesday, May 18th
Notes for Thursday, May 19th
Notes and EOC Review Packet for Friday, May 20th
Biology Help Tutorial Videos
Please make sure to utilize the Parent Portal of PowerSchool!
About Mrs. Partin
I am a Nationally Board Certified Science Teacher with 9 years of teaching experience in North Carolina. In addition to teaching one block of Biology at Trinity High School, I am an instructor for North Carolina Virtual Public Schools and teach students across multiple classes of Physical Science. I am also a wife to my husband of 11 years and a mother to 3 children ages 8, 5, and 4 as well as a foster mother. In my free time, I enjoy traveling, serving our church in the areas of missions, as Co-Director for the Upward Basketball program, and on the music ministry, spending time with my family, reading, playing my flute, and running. I look forward to getting to know each of my students as they learn Biology!