Raureka School Term 3 Week 5
Newsletter 25 August 2021
Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa lava, Kia orana,
It's hard to believe that we are into day 8 of Alert Level 4 Lockdown. This time last week we were celebrating the Enduro run and preparing for so many other things. Unfortunately quite a few have had to be cancelled, like the following;
The meeting with Murray Gadd has been cancelled because of the change to Alert Level 4, we will hopefully have another time organised before the end of the year.
The Barefoot 7's Rugby tournament
The Teacher Only Day
The Year 6's Hastings Intermediate visit was cancelled and as of yet I don't know if there will be an onsite visit for our Yr 6's
They have sent this information for you
Here is the link to our virtual tour in the absence of Open Evening - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzejKYyrcVo. Our online enrolment information is on our website - https://www.sporty.co.nz/hastingsint/Join-Us/Enrolment-Timeline-1
Our Senior Rooms 1, 2, 4, 5, 11 & 19 Cross Country has been postponed because of our current Alert levels. We will make a decision as to what we are going to do for this after we get back to school.
We have had to make a call to cancel our school production for 2021 because we can't guarantee that we will be in Alert level 1 by the 28th September where we can have everyone attend. If we are at Alert Level 2 in September we would only be able to have a total of 100 spectators, and that means that not everyone could come and see the show. We thought about changing to Term 4 but finding the right booking time was an issue because of other exciting things that are already booked in.
We have decided to move our show to next year instead and bookings are already being looked into for Term 3.
I know children will be disappointed, as are we, but we needed to ensure the safety of everyone at school.
A huge thank you to all of the teachers for organising online learning/ home packs for the children. They are doing a great job and I like seeing the completed work on Seesaw.
If you need something else to support the children the TV learning channel has started up again today.
Live and on-demand television content
Teaching and learning opportunities on TV start today with the return of Home Learning | Papa Kāinga TV.
Details of the coming week’s lessons are availalbe on the Learning from Home website so everyone (teachers, parents and learners) can see what's coming up.
For the first two weeks there’ll be a mix of brand-new content and some more familiar favourites, such as Karen welcoming you back to Karen’s House.
What you need to know
- You can find us both on TV via free-to-air Duke+1 (on Freeview 18 or Sky channel 504) and online – episodes will be available on TVNZ On Demand soon after the original broadcast.
- Schedules will be available on the Learning from Home website and updated regularly.
- The lessons that have been developed and presented by teachers for Home Learning | Papa Kāinga TV will become part of a bank of resources that teachers, parents and learners will continue to have access to in future.
Thank you for being so supportive, if you have any queries don't hesitate to contact us.
Kia haumaru te noho kainga whanau
Be safe at home whanau
Our season has come to an end without having to play the last game.
I'm so proud of our two Hockey Teams this year. Both have grown immensely and they have both learned lots of new skills.
A huge thank you to Anita for coaching and managing the Yr3/4 Tui's team. They came 5th overall in their competition.
I would like to thank James for managing the Kowhai team and Jorja for being the referee on Saturdays. The team came second overall with one loss and two draws while only conceding 4 goals for the entire season.
A huge thank you to every coach and manager for all of our winter sports teams. I appreciate the time and effort you have put into supporting our tamariki play sport. Thanks again for your ongoing support.
Junior Enduro Run- some more photos
- Tues August 31- Ready for Raureka
- Thurs 2 September - Barefoot 7's- cancelled
- Wed 8 September- Yr 6 Tohea Trophy- final decision to made next week
- Tues 14 September Ready for Raureka
- Tues. 28 September - School Production - matinee & evening shows- cancelled until 2022
- Last Day Term 3 - Fri. - October 1 Mufti Day (School Closes at 2.55)
- First Day Term 4 - Mon. - October 18 (School Opens at 8.55)
- Mon 22 Nov Teacher Only Day- No School
- Last Day of 2021 - Wed. Dec. 15 (School closes at 12.30)
School Uniform – this is compulsory. No exceptions.
All children are required to have the school royal blue polo-shirt, royal blue hat, and on colder days the royal blue polar fleece jersey. All of these are available at the school office.
The lower half of the uniform (short, longs, skorts, skirts) must be plain black and can be purchased in town No stripes, no flowers etc, can
be purchased in town.
· Do your child’s records need updating?
- moved house?
- phone/cellphone numbers changed?
- living arrangements changed?
- emergency contacts changed?
- medical details?
We often have a few ‘bugs’ around the school.
· A common one is a nasty cough/flu type illness. Keep your children home if they have symptoms of this as it spreads easily.
· If your child has had vomiting or diarrhoea, they MUST stay home for 2 days after the last event. This illness definitely spreads quickly around the school.
· Headlice are always around so make sure that you check your child’s hair regularly (we suggest weekly) and treat the hair if necessary. We have treatments available from school for free. Just pop in and we can give you some.
· If your child is at all unwell, please keep them home so that they don’t pass bugs on to other children. Also if a child is feeling unwell they are not able to learn easily and are much better off at home snuggled up in bed.
Don’t forget to contact the school office to let us know when your child is unwell please.
Volunteers needed for supervision of our school patrollers. The children are well trained, it is just a matter of having an adult supervise from 8.30-9.00. We need help on the following days - Front Gate: Wednesday, Friday, Back Gate: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.
Orders close Thursday 26th of August.
These make fantastic Christmas presents and the money raised will help our school.