Back to School Night
We're sorry we missed you!
What is Virtual Scholars?
Join your blended teachers as they bring technology to provide individual, small group, and whole class learning experiences to Portland Public students!
*at pilot schools only
Why Virtual Scholars?
- Advance to higher levels of courses
- Improve your "D" from a previous year
- Recover credits to get to graduation
- Work on your course from home as well as here at your school
Helping Your Student Be Successful in Blended Online Learning!
Blended online learning different than working in a classroom. Students will learn new ways of getting help, new ways of communicating with their classmates and with their teacher. They will learn new ways of showing what they know. As a stakeholder in their success, you can also help motivate them in their blended online course by doing the following three things:
- Communicate: encourage your student to ask for help when they need it.
- Interact: have your student show you their progress and grade in their VS course weekly.
- Advocate: support your student by encouraging them to attend their VS class period and to log in to their course 4-5 times per week.
Staying on pace with a course is the key to success in blended online learning. Please do not hesitate to contact your student's teacher if you have any questions or concerns.