WEEKLY NEWSLETTER OF O. HENRY MIDDLE SCHOOL
Week of May 22-25, 2023
Week of May 22-25
Monday, 5/22- "A" Day
8:30-- Athletics Award Ceremony- 1st period
Tuesday, 5/23 "B" Day
ALL ASSIGNMENTS AND GRADE DUE TODAY
Wednesday, 5/24 - Report to ACES
Grade Level Field Trips Day
8th- Typhoon Texas
7th- Austin Park and Pizza
6th- Epic Fun
Thursday,5/25 - Report to ACES
Students will report to their ACES for Mustang Day Activities
Adult Volunteers Still Needed for Mustang Day
Volunteers needed for Mustang Day and Graduation--
We would greatly appreciate the adult help and support for supervision.
8th Grade Promotion Ceremony
VIRTUAL LINK TO JOIN AND WATCH
Topic: O. Henry MS--8th Grade Promotion Ceremony
Time: May 25, 2023 08:30 Central Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 374 560 3933
Invite Link https://austinisd-org.zoom.us/my/ohmsmustangs
- Entrance for families attending will be at the Large Gym Side off of Exposition.
- Thank you for leaving noise makers, flyers, and ballons for after the ceremony.
- OHMS will have a balloon backdrop set up for after-pictures with your Mustang
- Special 8th Grade Luncheon and Mustang Day activities sponsored by our PTA
ACES- Our Signature SEL Framework
A special thanks to Campus Leaders Macie Cohen, Crystal Gaffney, Scott Gray, Kristine Kobs, Mike Simms, Cristina Torres, Rachel Price, and Amber Bass-Patterson for their leadership.
ACES TEAM WINNERS
ART IN ACTION
Athletic Forms for 23-24 School Year
2023-2024 AISD Physicals
Parent Release Form - AISD Physical Day
- All current physicals will expire on June 15th 2023
- If you plan to attend AISD conditioning camps and workouts over the summer, you will need to bring a new physical before you can participate.
- All coaches encourage athletes to submit their physicals before the end of THIS school year, by May 25th 2023.
- In order for physicals to be valid for the entire 23-24 school year, they need to be completed after April 15th, 2023.
- Austin High School’s Sports Medicine program will be hosting an AHS Physical Day again this year, open to all AISD students. UT Medical doctors will be performing the exams. This is a fundraiser for the AHS program and an easy way to get your physical.
- May 9th starting at 6pm in the AHS main gym
- $20 for per student, $30 per sibling pair (siblings do not need to attend AHS)
- Cash or check made payable to "Austin High Sports Medicine"
- Must complete the Parent Release form and Pre-Participation form (medical history) and submit them the day of
O. HENRY CAMPUS ADVISORY COUNCIL (CAC)-- MUSTANG COUNCIL
CAC Meeting Minutes and May Meeting
Speaking at a CAC Meeting
Our next CAC meeting will be May 23rd from 4:00-5:15.
If you are interested in speaking to our CAC using our citizen communication time, please email our CAC Co-chairs Paula Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Suzzane Perez (email@example.com)
Citizen Communications is the first item on the agenda and is time set aside for non-members to make comments to the CAC. The co-chairs may limit the time given to individual speakers and will ensure that the districts "Citizens Communication and Visitor Guidelines" are applied. Under these guidelines, except for requests for clarification, dialogue shall not occur between the speaker and the members. If the CAC is interested in hearing more from a speaker, the speaker may be invited to a future meeting and be placed on the agenda. The CAC may also call a special meeting specifically for the purpose of open-dialogue with non-members but it must be posted for discussion on specific topics.
THANK YOU O. HENRY PTA !
2023-2024 PTA EXECUTIVE BOARD
2023-2024 SLATE OF PTA OFFICERS
President - Christy Merritt
President-Elect (First VP) - Alison Darnell
Secretary - Jill Rhoden
Treasurer - Lauren Sicarelli
Treasurer-Elect - Lindsay Hadlock
VP Fundraising / Ways and Means (Second VP) - Lissa Anderson
VP Support / Services (Third VP) - Jennifer Skloss
VP Communications (Fourth VP) - Kathleen Loughlin
OTHER AISD SCHOOL NEWS
Registration for 2023-2024 School Year
Hello, Mustang Parents!
I hope this message finds you and your family well.
This is a reminder to register your student to O. Henry for the upcoming school year, 2023-24. If your student plans to attend O. Henry next year, you must register him/her online as soon as possible.
Your student registration is also critical to helping us determine how many students we will have in each class, and how many teachers we will need.
Please keep in mind that student registration must be repeated each year, even if yours is a returning student. Filling out the class choice sheet does not mean your student has already registered.
Follow the link according to what applies to you (new or returning). If there are any documents that you're unable to upload, you are welcome to email them to me
(firstname.lastname@example.org). Please be sure to include your student's name in any emailed communications.
Also, if you run into any technical problems with the website or your login, please call our Parent Support Line at 512.414.9187.