Young Thomas Edison
By: Micheal Dooling
Miss Hutter - Grade 3
Essential Question :
What important traits does an inventor have?
Target Skill: Main Ideas and Details
The most important ideas in a text are the main ideas. Authors use main ideas to organize the information in a text. Authors use details to support the main ideas. In a biography, the details will add more information about a person's life.
Look At Things Differently/Adventures of Young Thomas Edison
Ask Questions - From The Adventures of Young Thomas Edison
- invention - an original device, system, or process
- experiment - a test to find out or prove something
- laboratory - a place where scientists work and do experiments
- genius - extraordinary intellectual power, especially seen in creative ability
- gadget - a small, useful machine or device
- electric - powered by electricity, a form of energy caused by the motion of electrons and protons
- signal - a sound, motion, or other sign that sends a message
- occasional - happening from time to time
Students will be creating a biographical brochure about Thomas Edison using text, Young Thomas Edison and the virtual resources below.