FAC Weekly Update
November 1, 2019
Good afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
I hope you had a wonderful week!
The Fine Arts Center pARTners are excited to kick off the first big fundraiser of the year - RAISE CRAZE! Please see below for details, which were given to all students today during informational assembly programs.
Here is the latest from the halls of the FAC...
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
“When you really want something, you will find a way. When you don’t really want something, you’ll find an excuse.”
- Rachel Hollis
Raise Craze Kickoff Information
Welcome to our Raise Craze fundraiser! This is a unique way for us to raise money for our school while making an impact in our community. During this fundraiser, students ask friends and family for donations via the online Raise Craze platform while paying it forward serving others. What a great way for us to teach our students the importance of kindness and gratitude while raising much-needed funds. Students will spend time serving, not selling!
Proceeds will go to the Fine Arts Center Partners, who will in turn fund Guest Artist appearances, school initiatives, and much more!
Registration Link: my.raisecraze.com/AX28KH9
1. Enter your student’s name
2. Select at least 3 Acts of Kindness
3. Enter 5-10 email addresses of potential supporters. Raise Craze will send all emails, reminders and thank you notes. Emails will never be shared with third parties or used for marketing.
At A Glance:
Dates: November 1 - November 27
Our Goal: $12,000
School-Wide Service Projects:
Every student can participate in Raise Craze by completing Acts of Kindness (AOK) so we’re aiming for 100% participation. As a little encouragement, teachers will be handing out daily “Kindness Coins” - when they see students being kind so please talk to your student about ways he or she might show kindness at school.
We are excited to see all of the ways our students choose to serve others!
For daily updates, follow us on social media and be sure to check out the Leaderboard at
Need help getting started? Check out the Raise Craze Instructional Video at raisecraze.com/
instructional-video/ or contact Kim Dailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support our FAC Students and Faculty!
- Mater Dolorosa: Recent Work by April Dauscha (Visual Arts Faculty) - Opening Reception - TONIGHT: Friday, November 1, 6-7:30 p.m., Thompson Art Gallery @ Furman University
- Come out to the 5th Annual Reedy Reels Film Festival TOMORROW - Saturday, November 2nd - to support FAC Students Hailie Gold, Isaiah Edwards, and Galen Cunningham! Their films will be screened at 10:30 a.m. at the Peace Center. Please visit http://www.reedyreels.com for more information.
Did we miss anything that features our students? Please email Mr. Popat with information.
STUDENTS - Help Us Promote the FAC!
- Create a school-appropriate (rated G...keep it classy, people) meme that expresses what you love about the FAC
- Use your GCS email address to send it to Mr. Popat (email@example.com)
- We will select the top 5 entries to circulate around our social media platforms
The creators of the top 5 memes will also get a pizza lunch at the FAC. Good luck, and have fun!
Fine Arts Center Class Rings
- For students who do not attend a GCS High School, you will have the opportunity to purchase the FAC ring.
- Students who go to a GCS High School can either purchase a ring at their home-base school or at the FAC.
- For those GCS High Schools that use Herff-Jones as the vendor: the ring from the home-base school will include an option to have the FAC logo on one side of the ring. This is a new feature that will allow students to represent both their home-base school and the FAC in one purchase, rather than feeling like they have to buy a ring from both schools!
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions.
APPLICATIONS for the 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
All FAC Students must apply yearly for admission to the Fine Arts Center. The application for the 2020-2021 School Year is now available on our website - http://www.fineartscenter.net. The application closes on December 20, so please be sure to handle this task ASAP. Kindly note that there are some open-ended questions on the application that our returning students need to complete. We expect our students to reflect on the questions and respond thoughtfully.
Did you know that you can help support the Fine Arts Center when you shop on Amazon.com? Here's how...
- Go to https://smile.amazon.com - You may need to log into your Amazon account at some point in this process
- A popup box appears to select a charity.
- Type in “Fine Arts Center Partners” in the search box, click enter.
- Click on the select box next to “Fine Arts Center Partners” in the list of search results.
- Click on the checkbox that says “Yes, I understand that I must always start at smile.amazon.com to support Fine Arts Center Partners.”
Want to help raise funds for the Fine Arts Center? Simply shop at Publix! Click on the following link for directions and information - https://corporate.publix.com/community/corporate-campaigns/publix-partners.
Friday Studio Access
Studio access will end on Fridays at 4:30 p.m. This applies to all Fridays. Please be sure that you have wrapped up your activities by that time and have arranged for prompt transportation.
Please spread the word to your Greenville friends and family about our concerts, events, and performances!
- November 6: Brass, Woodwinds, and Percussion Concert - 7:00 p.m., Recital Hall
- November 11-15: Visual Arts Residency - Peace Papers
- November 13: Visual Arts Fundraiser @ SIDEWALL PIZZA - all day!
- November 20: Jazz Concert - 1:30 p.m. Class - 7:00 p.m., Recital Hall
- November 21-23: Fall Theatre Production - "Anon(ymous)", 7:00 p.m., Black Box Theatre
- December 5: Voice Studio Concert - 7:00 p.m., Recital Hall
- December 9: Theatre Presentations - 7:00 p.m., Black Box Theatre
- December 13: Winter Dance Offerings - 7:00 p.m., Black Box Theatre