Lesson Plan Tips for the New Year
NOTE: LESSON PLANNING FALL 2020
Setting Up for the 1st Six-Weeks
READ THESE STEPS AND/OR WATCH THE VIDEOS POSTED IN BLUE BELOW!
1. Go to your lesson plan folder.
- Some advice: Get organized. In your lesson plan folder, click the plus sign to create a new folder titled 2018, then move your lesson plans from last year into that folder. Now, your 2019 plans won't get mixed up with last year's plans.
- To start your new template:
- Click New>Google Sheets> From a template and select the template that is best for you.
- 1. New Lesson Plan Template: serves all PreK-12 core subject area teachers, as well as Secondary Library, CTE, and Special Education
- 2. New Elementary Specials Lesson Plan Template: serves all elementary Fine Arts, Library, and PE/Health teachers
- 3. New Intervention Lesson Plan Template: serves all reading and math interventionists
- 4. New Secondary Fine Arts Lesson Plan Template: serves all secondary Fine Arts teachers
- 5. New Shannon HS Lesson Plan Template: serves teachers at Shannon HS (the same as the 1. New Lesson Plan Template, except with room to plan for 9 weeks)
2. Rename the template with your department, name, and 1st SW (Department - Last, First 1st SW).
3. Click Import Content Areas
- Authorization Required: click Continue
- Select your Google account
- Click Allow
- Allow script to run, then click OK when prompted
4. Select the courses you teach so that you can import just those standards into your planner. Type an x into column C next to each subject you would like to import.
5. Click Import Standards
- Click OK, allow the script to run, then click OK again when prompted
6. You are now ready to set up your planner!
- You may duplicate any tabs you need. For example, if you teacher Algebra and Geometry, you will want two Math Workshop tabs.
- You may delete any tabs you do not need - JUST DO NOT DELETE THE TABS HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN AND ORANGE (they are magical!).
All teachers watch this video to learn how to set up your new template. The template titled "New Lesson Plan Template" serves all Pre-K-12 core subject area teachers, as well as Secondary Library, CTE, Special Education
Watch the video for the new lesson plan template above to learn all the ins and outs, but this video will help you learn about a few unique qualities of the elementary specials templates.
Watch the video for the new lesson plan template above to learn all the ins and outs, but this video will help you learn about a few unique qualities of the intervention templates.
Watch the video for the new lesson plan template above to learn all the ins and outs, but this video will help you learn about a few unique qualities of the secondary fine arts templates.
Once you enroll in a course, it will be on your dashboard any time you log into Canvas.
To remove a curriculum course from your Canvas access:
- click into the course from your Canvas dashboard
- click Drop this Course at the top right of the screen
1. Ask your peers
2. Contact your Digital Learning Specialist
3. Contact the technology helpdesk
4. Use the Feedback Form built right into your planner