What's Going On In The World Of Danny Jones
Dates to Remember
- October 22-October 31 - Red Ribbon Week
- October - Canned Food Drive and Sock Drive
- October 31 - Students can wear school appropriate costumes. NO masks or fake/real weapons.
- District Volleyball tournament @ Field House, Mansfield
- 7th-grade Football @ LRHS @ 5:30 on October 29
- 8th-grade Football @C Summit @ 5:30 on October 29
- 2nd six weeks ends - November 2
- Fall Back - Time change - November 4
- 3rd six weeks begins - November 5
- Basketball Tryouts both boys and girls November 5th-7th. See the website for more information
- AVID College Field Trip to Stephenville to visit Tarleton State for 7th graders - November 9th
- Thanksgiving Break - November 19-23
October is Principal Appreciation month. Thank you Mr. Moore for serving DJMS so well.
NJHS is partnering with the School Counselors during this year's "Season of Giving".
1st up: Can Goods Drive, beginning on October 1, 2018. Our goal is 6,000 cans.
PTA Membership Meeting
In DJ Library
Monday, November 5th @ 6 pm
You are invited to attend the Today’s Technology, Sexting, Pornography and Healthy Relationships program for parents. This parenting program focuses on the impact of technology, sexting, and pornography is having on the physical, emotional and social health of our youth.
Participants will learn practical ways to help their children develop healthy relationships based on love, respect, and trust. Information will be presented on helping teens overcome addiction, specifically with regards to technology and pornography. The impact of parent-child and school connectedness will also be presented with practical ways parents can help.
Come to find out the impact on brain health, legal implications for sexting, as well as the physical, emotional and social impacts associated with pornography.
You are encouraged to attend this parent-only program.
Location: DJMS Library
Date: November 5th
Time: immediately following
6 pm PTA meeting
Bring Treats for
Spooktacular Snack & Appetizer Day
Friday Snack Sales
4-4: 30 pm
Socktober--Until October 31st. Student Council sponsoring a sock drive for a local shelter for the winter months. Package of new, unopened socks. Turn socks into your math teacher.
Football Results from October 23
Great action this week as our C teams played their final games of the season on Monday night. The 7th grade took a tough loss from Howard, but the 8th grade went out with another win to go 4-1 on the season.
The 7th B put a whipping on HF at Lake Ridge 20-0 and then watched as the A team followed suit with a 40-22 win.
Meanwhile, over in Crowley the 8th grade B team took sole possession of first place with a 14-12 victory. The A team finished off the sweep with a very physical 22-12 win.
Great job by our kids and great job by our coaching staff to make this a successful season despite all the weather issues they have faced. Last game of the season next Monday vs. the Howard Knights.
Volunteers needed for health screening
Click link below to view about required health screenings
Help for parents - How to sign up for Canvas
Student help for Canvas
We have a fantastic school year ahead of us. As we anticipate the memories, friendships and special times ahead, we’re also looking forward to one of our favorite traditions—the yearbook.
We will accept yearbook orders at our yearbookforever.com.
Lost and found is filling up. Have your student check the stage for lost items. Items left in lost an found will be donated at the end of the 2nd six weeks.
Arrival and Dismissal at DJMS
- Students are to be dropped off in front of the building for arrival. The building opens at 8:10 each day. If arriving for a sport, follow the coaches directions for arrival.
- Students are to be picked up on the side or in front of the school. This is the Broad St. side or the Day Miar side of the school.
- Follow the flow of traffic through the parking lot
- Students walking home or being picked up by their parents will leave the building from the front. Students are not to leave the building from side or back exit areas.
- Keep the circle drive clear for our designated cars and buses for that area.
- Keep the area in front of the dumpsters clear. This is a no parking or standing zone.
- The bus lane is in the back of the building near the football field. This is for buses only.
- If driving in the back, be mindful that students are crossing to the field for practice before and after school.
Meeting days and times for clubs:
Military Appreciation- Heather Fregia- Fridays @8:07 am D9
History Club- Terri Alexander-Wednesdays @4:30pm C5
K-Life-Kenya Ross-Fridays @8:07 am B2
Anime(Fandom)-Allen Baldwin-Fridays @4:20pm D13
FCA/Rachel's Devotion-Cedric Barnes-Thursdays @8:10 am D3
Coloring Club-Scarlett Perron-Wednesdays @4:15-4:45 pm ans Fridays @8:10 am C6
Birthday Bandits- Wendy Ruiz- Wednesdays @4:15 pm- Office Area
Soccer Club- Casey Sullivan-Tuesdays @4:20-5:20- B7(Outside)
Craft Club- Alicia Bailey- twice a month on Tuesdays( schedule sent through email)
More information to come about the following clubs:
Student Ambassadors- Tonya Willis/Michele Drake-
Memorial Garden- Ronetta Sawatzki
Chess Club- Sarah Law
Book Club- Alicia Rosales
Girl's Coding- Sonia Miller
Dance Club- Alicia Bailey-