PRIDE OF THE TRIBE
Week of August 26
Teacher Brag Board
"Shout out to all the new members of our Social Studies Department! Jace, Lance, Brandon, and Mary, I've seen you greeting the students at the door, in the hallway, and engaging with them in classes. The students are feeling positive about you all! Thanks for becoming part of the Indian Family :)"
~Leigh Range, Social Studies
"Colby was prepared to meet the needs of a student before the topic of accommodations even came up. His knowledge of technology made him able to accommodate in a flash and was so refreshing for the student. Thank you, Colby! "
~Carly Sperry, SpEd
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RECORD NAMES. EVERYONE IS EXPECTED TO PARTICIPATE!
Framing the Lesson Using We will...I will...Statements
The art of framing the lesson is using verbs that are able to show evidence.
We will investigate...
We will compare...
We will connect...
I will find...
I will classify...
I will multiply...
Take a look below at what we will be watching for on teacher walkthroughs.
SHOUT OUT to first year teacher, Mary Maddox, for an awesome example of framing the lesson!
Nuts & Bolts
- REMINDER - Work hours are 7:45-4:15. You are expected to be here on time. If you need to check out during the day, please get permission and sign out in the office.
- GO FUND ME Fundraisers are not supported by the district. Please do not use Go Fund Me for any school organization.
- TRIBE TIME - On Mondays students are expected to D.E.A.R. after creating their schedules for the week.
- Susan Kwast, a long-serving employee of central administration is entering a well-deserved stage of her life. We would like to wish her well in her retirement by contributing to her gift from the district. If you choose to help, please bring $ to Nicki by Tuesday. She will be recognized at the SISD board meeting on Thursday evening at 6:00 pm.
- CTE/Elective Department Meeting @ 7:45am
- Tribe Time - Create schedule and D.E.A.R.
- Math/Science Department Meeting @ 7:45am
- Volleyball vs Princeton @ Princeton, 5pm
- English/SS Department Meeting @ 7:45am
- Department Head Meeting @ 3:45pm
- V Volleyball @Nocona Tournament
- F/JV Football vs Bishop Lynch @ SHS, 5:00pm
- SISD Board Meeting @ 6:00pm
- Susan Kwast Retirement @ 6:00pm
- End of Three -Week Progress
- Tribe Time - Pep Rally
- V Football vs Plainview @ SHS, 7:30pm
- XC Meet @ Northlakes, Denton
- JV Volleyball @ Deacatur