From Hamilton To Home
Hello Hamilton Families,
It is hard to believe that we are halfway through the first quarter already. It seems like we started back to school a week ago. Students have been working very hard in their classrooms with a real focus on getting better everyday. Students are turning into PAX leaders in all areas of the building. Be sure to talk with your child on all of the great things that they are doing in the classroom as well as what it means to be a PAX leader.
In this month's newsletter, you will find information on the Elyria City Schools canned food drive, fall parent-teacher conferences information and you will see pictures of some of the great things that are happening in our building as well as what is happening in our building during the month of October.
As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to the main office at 440-284-8807.
GREAT THINGS HAPPENING AT HAMILTON!!!!!!
SECOND GRADE MAKES WISHES TO THE MAGIC FISH!!!!
LEARNING COMES ALIVE!!!!!!
STUDENTS RETURN TO KINDERGARTEN TO READ AND TEACH SPANISH WORDS!!!!
ELYRIA CITY SCHOOLS FOOD DRIVE
FALL CONFERENCES INFORMATION
5th: Picture Day
11th: District EL Family Night at Hamilton
- National Walk and Roll To School Day
- Stoller fundraiser pickup 3:30 P.M.-4:30 P.M.
14th: NEOEA Day-No School
18th: 3rd grade Fall ELA State Test Part 1
19th: 3rd grade Fall ELA State Test Part 2
27th: End of the 1st grading period
28th: Records Day-No School
I am SOMEBODY
I and CAPABLE and LOVEABLE
I am TEACHABLE
Therefore, I can LEARN
I will not waste TIME
Because, it is too VALUABLE
And I am too PRECIOUS and BRIGHT
I am SOMEBODY
Please practice the affirmation with your child and review what it means. I am also looking for students who can proudly recite the affirmation during the morning announcements.
CAR RIDER ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL REMINDERS
- All cars must enter the driveway off of 12th St. off of West Ave and not Middle Ave. and drop off the student so they exit onto the main entrance sidewalk. This is done so car riders do not have to enter the driveway and cross in front of moving traffic.
- Once the student is dropped off, the car will continue to Middle Ave. and exit right onto Middle Ave.
- Doors open at 8:55 A.M. so please keep your child in your car until then.
- All cars must enter the driveway off of 12th St. off of West Ave and not Middle Ave.
- Cars will need to display their blue number card on the dashboard so the staff can see the number. If you need a number, you will register with staff member at the 12th St. driveway entrance or call the main office at 440-284-8007.
- The individual who is picking up the student MUST be listed on the Contact List in PowerSchool so please make sure all of the information is up to date. Proper identification will be required for student pick-up.
- Once the number is received, the number will be communicated with the staff inside the building and the student will exit the building. PLEASE DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR.
- Staff will escort the student to their car so they enter the vehicle from the main entrance sidewalk. This is done so car riders do not have to cross in front of moving traffic to enter a vehicle.
- The staff member will open and close the car door. Staff will not be responsible for buckling students into car seats or securing seat belts on students.
- There will be a line so please be patient. PLEASE DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR OR PARK AND WALK UP TO THE DISMISSAL AREA. Anyone who walks up and asks for their child will be redirected to the 13th St. walker exit.
- If you do not want to wait in the long line, it may be best to arrive between 3:10-3:15 P.M. The line moves fast once the process is followed.
Car riders are NOT permitted to be dropped off on 13th St. for arrival and/or dismissal to cross through traffic and the buses, or on Middle Avenue! This is a safety matter and we must have parents’ cooperation.