Heart Disease and Cancer PSA
Conditions that involve narrow or blocked blood vessels that can lead to a heart attack, chest pain, or stroke.
Tips For Preventing Cancer and Heart Disease
- Don't use tobacco- Any type of tobacco can lead to cancer
- Eat a healthy diet- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and limit fat
- Maintain a healthy weight and stay physically active- 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity
- Protect yourself from the sun- Avoid midday sun, use sun screen, stay in shade
- Get immunized- Hepatitis B and HPV
- Avoid bad behaviors- Don't share needles
- Get regular medical care- Regular self exams and screenings
Preventing Heart Disease:
- Don't smoke or use tobacco- One of the biggest risk factors that lead to heart disease
- Stay physically active- At least 30 minutes a day
- Eat a heart-healthy diet- eat fruits and vegetables and limit fat
- Maintain a healthy weight- Carrying excess weight leads to heart disease
- Get enough quality sleep- Get at least 7 to 9 hours of sleep
- Get regular health screenings- blood levels, cholesterol, diabetes, etc.
- "Adult Health." Cancer Prevention: 7 Tips to Reduce Your Risk. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Dec. 2014.
- "Heart Disease." Prevention: Strategies Keep Your Heart Healthy. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Dec. 2014.