MSA Parent Update
August 14, 2020
School Starts Monday
Para leer este mensaje en español, debe pulsar en el botón “Translate Newsletter” para cambiar el idioma. Este botón se encuentra a la derecha, debajo de “Accessibility”.
Everyone at Manatee School For the Arts is excited about the start of the the new school year! We have been working hard in anticipation of the students arrival tomorrow, August 17, 2020. It is going to be a GREAT school year.
Some reminders as we start the school year:
- Students in grades 7-12 will report to homeroom tomorrow morning at the start of the day to get their schedules.
- Reminder - First period starts at 8:10 for high school and 9:50 for middle school each morning. Make sure your child is here on time!!
- Check out our school lunch information at this link for more information on our school's homepage. (www.msfta.org).
- 6th grade students should enter through the front door of the school and will report to the theatre first thing in the morning tomorrow.
- If you are dropping off or picking up your child, we only use the parent loop in front of the school. There is a link on our website for PM pickup with directions for the correct procedure. Please be patient at the start of the year as we work out the kinks and everyone gets used to the system. Also remember, students may not be picked up off campus, in the student parking lot, or in the parking lot near the entrance to the school. Students can only be picked up in the parent pick up loop in front of the school!!
We hope that everyone is as excited as we are for the start of the school year. See you tomorrow!!
Mask and/or Face Shields Required
For more information regarding school Covid-19 procedures, please click here.
Questions about Bussing
Dropping off your Child
Please be prepared for rain!! I have not had a start of the school year that has not been rainy here in Florida. Please make sure your child has a poncho and/or an umbrella in their backpack. We recommend at the start of the year that any student who is able to take the bus home takes the bus at the start of the year.
Again, the traffic can be heavy at the start of the year, and it is almost guaranteed to be rainy. We can get students on the bus, dry, and on their way home relatively quickly. The parent pick-up line traditionally takes a bit longer at the start of the year, but always works its way out within a week or so. All students being picked up MUST be picked up in the parent pick-up circle in front of the school.
Thank you for your help in assuring our students are safe and prepared.
Need to meet with someone from the school?
Check your local media outlets if you feel there may be a school closing. The school will also send out automated messages if we have the ability to do so. This is not a guarantee, so the best bet is to listen to the radio or watch the local news channels on TV.
Student Support is here to help
Student Support works to ensure that students come to a safe learning environment each and every day. Please be sure to review our Code of Conduct. We appreciate your support in following our rules and expectations. Mr. Caro is the Dean of Students. He works closely with the advocates for each grade level to monitor and enforce MSA's expectations. We also help students with any non-academic needs such as dress code and student parking.
Our Guidance Department includes our Middle School Counselors, Jenny Myers (Grades 6 and 7), Briggett Harris (Grades 8 and 9), and Joy Fitzpatrick (Grades 10-12), and College and Career Counselor, Theresa Quick. The Guidance Department works with students in the following areas:
College/Career readiness, applications, and scholarships
Duel Enrollment and Early admissions
We have also been awarded a grant for a Student Transition Counselor to help support the Mental Health of our students. Megann Rogers is joining us this year to support our students.
Our ESE Department consists of our Director of ESE, Susan Healy, Case Manager/Teacher, Eugene Stone, Kim Curan (504 and Gifted), and consultant Amy Adams.
Assessment and Measurement is lead by Dr. Michael Higley and Testing Assistant, Denise McGirr.
We are here to help. Let us know how we can serve!!