Miss Sumpter's Awesome Updates
3rd Grade Class
Wow! I can not believe that next week will be Thanksgiving Break, these days are going so quickly. We are working very hard in our classroom to become thinkers in every subject. Thanks for all of your support at home, I really would not be able to do this without your help :)
Our Information Books are coming along. I am hoping to have these finished before Christmas Break. We are working hard to make sure that we revise our writing and learn new skills to become better Information writers. This week we are working on transition words, elaborating writing, and including ideas instead of just facts. It is AMAZING how much the students have grown as writers, it really makes me happy.
Last week we started Chapter 5 which is about the American Revolutionary War. I try to make SC History really fun, so please ask about what we are learning and doing in class. I want students to understand that History is just a huge story and this makes things easier.
- Please encourage your child to make nice things for their Secret Pal.
- Thursday, November 21 is the Last Day of the Book Fair!
- Boosterthon is coming to an end, please encourage your child to ask for pledges to raise money for their school as well as their classroom
- Multiplication Test on 2's Friday
- Multiplication Test on 3's Next Tuesday, 26
- Have a great Thanksgiving!!!
Title I School