Effects of Global Warming
The rising sea levels is one of the most pressing issues in the world and it is caused by climate change. The increase in temperature is melting the North pole and South pole. Some areas that will be affected by the overflow of water is New York, Florida and New Orleans.
Melting ice caps
The North pole has melted more than 40% of it's total ice.
Areas that will be under water
The areas that will be affected by climate change are colored. This may not look like a lot, but 12.3 million people will be forced to move in just the U.S. Counting other countries, the number of affected areas and people is significantly higher.
- Change your light bulbs.
- Unplug your gadgets.
- Take public transit or carpool.
- Choose a laptop over a desktop.
- Filter your own water.
- Adjust your curtains and thermostat.
- Buy local food and eat less meat.
- Plant a tree.
- Chose energy efficient kitchen appliances.
- Cut down shower time to at least 5 minutes.
- Spread the word.