Pre-K 4.4 News
Make every day a day to learn
We're still working in our Rocks Study and it has been a BLAST!
Getting to know all the cool things we can do with rocks and exploring their features is making kids aware of their surroundings and is helping them get involved with nature. They have been learning some BIG words too, so make sure you establish a conversation with them and talk about igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks!
We also had a special visitor from ARIZONA! Katie Palmer is the Museum Educator at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix. She holds a PhD in Musical Arts and a Master's in ethnomusicology and came to ISP this week and had a fun African music workshop with your children!
Before wrapping up our study, we're going to investigate some more and we're gonna get ready to go on our Carnival Break, celebrating SPIRIT WEEK!
Spirit week is about showing how proud we are to be members of the ISP Community!
Remember there are specific dress codes for those days and that there's a Home-School connection activity in which you can talk and ask your children about their favorite things in ISP!
It's gonna be a fun and busy week, let's rock it!!!
Books we enjoyed!
Guji Guji by Chih-Yuan Chen
Exploring natural rock formations
Learning about measurement
- Spirit week next week! Come dressed in the day's theme (themes in the image below). We will be having a 'Fun in the Sun' day on Friday. Please send your child to school wearing a swim suit and sunscreen. Please have him/her bring a towel. More details can be found below.
- We are having a school supply drive for our sister school in Las Trancas. You can send in pencils, erasers and pencil sharpeners to donate. Thank you for your contribution!
- CARNIVAL BREAK! February 8th-12th --> NO SCHOOL
- Conscious Discipline Workshop --> February 17th at 11AM.
- Please remember to read to your child everyday!