3-8 Weekly Road Map - 12/1/15
Today we LEARN. Tomorrow we LEAD!
PRIORITIES FOR THIS WEEK!
Tues-Thurs- CC, 1:1, Small Group..Remind EOC testers!
Friday - DDI Analysis-- No meetings but please be sure your DDI info is updated on the Google Doc sheet for this week.
Please be sure and get welcome calls done by the deadlines!
EOC Testing Coming Up!
- Please be at your site on time and dressed appropriately.
- If you are testing, you may record your CC. Please let students know.
- If you are not testing, you should still hold your LIVE cc session.
- Please remember to cancel CC link if you are not holding LIVE class.
Report Card Notes
Updates from Sarah Robinson!
1) Do you know of any upcoming Career or College Fairs in your area? We would like to offer these unique opportunities to our families in an effort to get our middle and high school students more engaged. Please send me an email with the details, even if you can’t attend.
2) Would you like to sign up to ATTEND an outing? Remember this year we are limiting the number of staff that can attend an outing, so be aware of that when you sign up. There are tabs at the bottom with the months listed. Click here to sign up to attend an outing. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EYUbW7hqEB1ribUfqW_fTWM_9gH3rl7v08JlJi5ln0Q/edit?pli=1#gid=1325209227
3) Would you like to HOST an outing? Each time a teacher HOSTS an outing, his/her name goes into a hat for a $50 basket of goodies. There will be three 3rd-8th grade teachers that win and three HS teachers that win. If you don’t ever host any outings then your name won’t go into the hat. Each time you host, your name goes into the hat! We are doing this as an incentive to get outings offered in MORE areas in Texas. Please consider it. Send email@example.com an email with the bulleted specifics. No links to websites please. Keep your testing calendar nearby because we cannot approve any STAAR or TAKS testing dates. Please give 30 days’ notice. If you choose an outdoor outing please include a plan B (specific details) in your email. We are getting several requests from families in the North Houston are and the College Station areas. Please consider hosting if you live within 60 miles one way of these cities. Are you wondering if there are any families where you live? Log into the OLS and look under QUICK LINKS. Click on FAMILY DIRECTORY. Plug in your zip code and search 60 miles to see how many families might potentially attend an outing if you hosted it in your town. You’d be surprised, even if you live in a remote area. Our families are all over Texas!
-date and time
-maximum capacity if possible
4) Do you have a question or two about outings? Get them answered in Sarah Robinson’s Q&A Dec. 8th 10:30 or Dec. 9th 1:00. Invite came to your email but if you need the link, please let me know. Remember you are required to attend 2 outings for the year.
5) Mentor Meet ups are a great place for new learning coaches to get their wings! Here are the dates for the rest of the year. A kmail will come to families on the day of each MMU with the link. 12/15/15, 1/6/16, 1/21/16, 2/2/16, 2/16/16, 3/1/16, 3/24/16, 4/5/16, 4/28/16, and 5/10/16.
TOPS STAFF DIRECTORY: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mOk4TKKXnzpLTbborWndNW6UBTEmz5YkOXNKKEdfBnY/edit?usp=sharing
READ ACADEMIC SERVICES NEWSLETTER: Located in your K12 Training Account
K12 TX CALL PLAN CALLS: See Outlook Reminder for Decile Info.
K12 TRAINING INFORMATION
-This year K12 National Professional Development sessions are encouraged, but not required.-The Teach Like a Champion “Systems and Routines” series is required. Please space out the sessions and have them all complete by May 1st, 2016.
There are 6 sessions (1 live and 5 asynchronous). These can be completed in any order.
Don't forget to log in and read the Academic Services Newsletter!
SEND A SPECIAL "PAWS FOR PRAISE" TO YOUR WELL-DESERVED STUDENTS!
Submitting a Ticket to the Help Desk
2ND FRIDAY OF THE MONTH: Staff Meeting and Professional Development
3RD FRIDAY OF THE MONTH: Committee Mtgs. / DDI Check-Ins
4TH FRIDAY OF THE MONTH: Team Meeting
For Your Information
K12 Clubs: We need to be sure all teachers and advisors are sharing the information about our student clubs for our students who are interested in building social relationships with other students through shared interests.www.k12.com/k12-student-clubs
Staff Directory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11W5O4tiRW0oGdZL7pGgJs44OkOAKEOAKdrEat5XDCTU/edit#gid=0
- Log into Lync by 8:00am daily
- Log into K12 Training on a regular basis!
- Keep all TVS notes updated and timely
- Keep all grades updated.
- Please remember the expectation to respond to all messages within 24 hours!
- DDI CHECK-INS - We won't have meetings this Friday but please be sure you have your DDI sheets updated in Google Docs by Friday, COB.
If you’ve had Excel slow down or continuously crash, it is likely the issue is with the BluEtooth add-in.
Here are directions for how to disable the add-in from IT:
Have them download and run that. It disables the send to Bluetooth add-in. If that still doesn’t work, they may have the 32 bit office instead of the 64 bit version. If that’s the case, they need to put in a ticket for assistance switching versions.
In Firefox, I downloaded it then opened it from Downloads so that I could run it.