Hi Conway #OneFamily!
Welcome back to another awesome week at Conway. I hope you had a great weekend and may be able to enjoy a third day off, today, with your kiddos. We hope to see you for parent teacher conferences today or over the next week (and some already from this past week). Here is the news for the week:
Top News for this week:
- New Hours beginning tomorrow: As you saw from Dr. Jones' email, we are changing the hours slightly to help with bus issues. Our morning start time for car riders and walkers will still remain 8:15 AM. We are hoping buses will be the same time. Dismissal will be five minutes earlier for ALL students. In the afternoon, buses will arrive 5 minutes earlier at home; car riders and walkers will be dismissed 5 minutes earlier.
- No School today for kiddos: Columbus / Indigenous People Day - Parent Teacher Conferences today. If you are meeting in person, come straight in through the front doors and feel free to walk straight to your child's class. If you don't know where you are going, your child can give you the grand tour OR feel free to stop in the front office for help. All visits must wear a mask to keep you and our teachers safe.
- Crossing Guard Sub: If you would like to help make a difference in your community, help people get to work on time and safely, AND want to help people smile out in front of our school for an hour in the AM and the PM WHILE GETTING PAID :), please email JR. We are looking for a crossing guard /traffic patrol sub to help us in the AM and PM when Ms. Nancy cannot be here. Thanks in advance!
Have an awesome week #OneFamily! Sure hope to see you today or this week! We miss seeing you!
- Smithsonian Resources for Teaching and Learning – The Smithsonian Institution and PBS have teamed up to make extensive materials available online. Check out this link for free PK-12 resources on coral reefs, ocean ecosystems, air and space exploration, African-American history and culture, and more.
- Please Join the PTA: Our PTA is incredible but they need YOU. Please consider joining at https://www.conwayespta.com/join. There are some perks as well besides just helping out Conway. You can also find the flyer attached.
How to Translate Smore
- How to Translate Smore newsletters: If you would like to translate this newsletter into another language, please click on these links for directions on how to do that. Directions in English click here. Directions in Espanol click here. Directions in Pashto click here . Directions in Dari click here.
Food Pantry: Every Tuesday behind St. George's Church (downtown Fredericksburg) from 12-2 pm they provide free fresh produce donated from local farms. In addition, families/individuals can obtain dairy products, bread, and meats - all for free. But you must arrive early to get these limited items. The Fred bus stops at the church. Click Here for more details:
The Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank (FRFB) is excited to open their newest program, OrderAhead, to anyone in need of food assistance. OrderAhead allows the convenience of online supplemental grocery ordering and scheduled pickup at the FRFB warehouse or Love Thy Neighbor pantry in King George. For more information on OrderAhead, call (540) 621-5155.
FredFoodVA: Download this App to locate all of the food resources in the area.
- Family Resource Access Line - This free communication tool helps provide equitable access to SCPS resources. Families may leave a message for translators in seven native languages: Arabic, Dari, Farsi, French, Pashto, Spanish, and Urdu. Translators will return your call in 2 business days. To access this service, please call (571) 492-9270.
This feedback button will be here every week. Please use it to commend a teacher or staff member or provide feedback to help us get better at serving your family and kiddo.