New River Wildcat News-Nov. 15th
NEW RIVER TURKEY TROT-TOMORROW, THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 18TH!
Early Release - Staff Devlopment Content
This Friday, November 19, 2021, New River teachers will be working with their school teams on looking at student progress on an assessment that is focused on a standard and determining next steps for learning. They have discussion on whether teachers need re-teaching of the skill, enrichment or if they are ready to move on to the next skill. Teachers have been working together to develop rubrics on a four point grading scale to determine student progress towards the standards.
SCHOOL CALENDAR/IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Thursday, November 18, 2021 -Annual Turkey Trot, see information below.
- Friday, November 19, 2021 - Early Release @ 2:00 p.m.
- Monday - Friday, November 22-26, 2021 -Thanksgiving Recess Week
- Friday, December 3, 2021 - Early Release @ 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 10, 2021 - Early Release @ 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 10, 2021 - Winter Wonderland @ 4 p.m./Band/Choir Concert @ 6 p.m.
- Monday, December 13, 2021 - NR PTSA Holiday Shoppe open this week
- Friday, December 17, 2021 - Half Day Release @ 12:05 p.m./End of Second Quarter
- Monday, December 20 - 31, 2021 - Winter Break - ENJOY!
SUPPORT STAFF JOB POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT NEW RIVER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
New River School has 1 Plant Foreman (Custodial Supervisor), 2 custodial, and 2 cafeteria jobs available. For more information, contact Lisa at 623-376-3504 or log onto DVUSD.org; Departments; Human Resources; Online Job Posting; and look for New River. Custodial position hours posted online can be changed if necessary. Thank you.
New River Kindergarten Registration Began on November 1st!
Tell your friends and family! New River 2022-23 Kindergarten Registration began on Monday, November 1, 2021! Please take a look and tour our campus! Meet Mrs. Martin, she has posted a Power Point from last year, as the same important information about kindergarten has not changed! To enroll your student for next year, log onto DVUSD Power Enroll. Thank you!
For more information about New River School, log onto our website @ https://www.dvusd.org/domain/11610 Thank you!
NEW RIVER - LOCAL FOOD PANTRY
My Crossroads Christian Fellowship
42425 N. New River Road
New River, AZ. 85087
Tuesdays: 12:00 - 2:00 p.m.
Fridays: 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
You can help New River School!
STEP 1: Creating an Online Fry’s Account
**NOTE: If you already have an online Fry’s account, skip to #2
*Go to http://www.frysfood.com/
*Under Sign-In information, enter your email and create a password. (Write down your email & password—will need it in step 2)
*Select ‘Use Card Number’.
*Enter your Fry’s V.I.P Card Number, last name and postal code.
*Under ‘Select Your Preferred Store’ enter your postal code.
*Select ‘Find Stores’.
*Choose your store then select ‘Create Account’.
*You will then be prompted to check your email for a confirmation email.
Click the hyperlink in your email to finish creating your Online Fry’s Account.
*Continue to step #2 to register for the Fry’s Community Rewards Program of your choice.
STEP 2: Register for the Fry’s Community Rewards Program
*Enter your email and password then select ‘sign in’. (This will be the email and password you created in step 1)
*Select ‘My Account then select ‘Account Settings’ from drop down menu.
*Click ‘edit’ under Community Rewards. If prompted, enter personal information.
*Under Find Your Organization: Enter 87493 or New River Elementary then select ‘search’.
*Under Select Your Organization: Select box next to your organization
*Then select ‘save changes’.
*If you have registered correctly, you should now see your organization information listed under ‘Community Rewards’ on your Account Summary page.
Sign Up Today! Your participation can mean hundreds of dollars for our school.
1) Have your club card number available
2) Visit www.escrip.com
3) Click on “1-Sign Up”; Use ID 6542421 for New River Elementary School, a participant since 2002. Thank you!!
4) Present your Club Card every time you shop at New River Elementary School
It’s easy to Renew!
1) Have your Club Card number available
2) Visit www.escrip.com
3) Click on “YES RENEW!”
For uninterrupted contributions, renew by November 1 each year.