Eisenhower Middle School Guidance
Inside This Edition
- Upcoming Events
- Saturday Support
- October Acts of Kindness
- 10 Ways to Help Your Child Succeed in Middle School
- Six Steps to Smarter Studying
- The 9 Best Scientific Study Tips Video
- Family Partners of Morris and Sussex Counties
- Family Support Organization
- Navigating Teen Mental Health for Parents/Caregivers
- Mindfulness & Wellness Supports
- Additional Resources
- Contact Us
Application opened September 20, 2021
Application closes December 3, 2021
October 29 - Halloween Spirit Day
November 4-5 - NJEA Convention - No School
November 9 - Picture Day Retakes/Makeups
November 11 - Last Day of Marking Period 1
November 12 - Marking Period 2 Begins, Advisory Day
November 24 - Early Dismissal
November 25-26 - Thanksgiving Break
EMS Saturday Support Program
The Saturday Support Program is available for students who could benefit from additional academic, social and emotional growth and support here at EMS.
Please reach out to the school to register your student as soon as possible.
- Pay attention in class.
- Take good notes.
- Plan ahead for tests and projects.
- Break it down. (If you have a bunch of stuff to learn, break it into smaller chunks.)
- Ask for help if you get stuck.
- Get a good night's sleep!
The 9 Best Scientific Study Tips
Help your child thrive. Chat with experts, connect with parents and get tips on parenting kids with reading, writing, math, organization, attention issues, and more.
- Hero Huddle: Chalk Talk & Social Time for Dads! (Wednesdays from 7-8 PM)
- Grupo de apoyo en espanol! Online! (Martes a las 7:30-8:30 PM)
- Lunch and Learn! (Thursdays from 12-1 PM)
- Mom Squad! (Thursdays from 6-7 PM)
- Youth Partnership! (Fridays from 7-8 PM)
For more information contact: Info@fso-hsw.org
As a parent or caregiver, you want the best for your children or other dependents. You may be concerned or have questions about certain behaviors they exhibit and how to ensure they get help. View the link below for information on:
- What to Look For
- What to Do
- How to Talk About Mental Health
- Supporting Your Children
- Get Help for Your Child
Caroline Lomuntad - 8th Grade School Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org
Evelyn Torres-Davis - 7th Grade School Counselor - email@example.com
Kristen Cumming - Guidance Secretary- firstname.lastname@example.org