Burleson Elementary News
August 12, 2021
A NOTE FROM DR. COFFMAN
We have had a great start to the 2021-2022 school year! We were so happy to welcome back all of our students with spirit. Our Varsity football team and cheerleaders greeted the children as they entered the building, and they were all excited to be here! We have the best educators who are eager to teach the future! We are proud to serve these amazing students and families here in Meadow ISD!
I am excited to share that our enrollment is up, our STAAR scores were fantastic, and our students are growing and learning! We are developing future leaders and readers! We are so excited to work with your children and provide them an excellent education!
A few reminders to all:
- Students must take a tray in the cafeteria for lunch each day. They do not have to eat it and may bring their lunch, but part of our food program requires every student to be provided school food. We provide free breakfast, lunch, and a hot snack each day for all students.
- School starts at 7:40 am and the tardy bell rings at 7:45 am. If you drop off late, you must come in and sign your child in. For drop-off, please use the inside lane to stop and let children out of the car. Please do not use the lane farthest from the doors. Students should never be crossing a lane of traffic to enter the building. When picking up students after school, please park and find your child’s teacher. We release the students to the parent/guardian. There is no parking in the lanes of traffic or students walking across lanes of traffic by themselves. A parent/guardian must walk the students across the street to ensure all of our students are safe.
A huge thank you to our PTO for the awesome sign on the first day of school!
¡Hemos tenido un gran comienzo para el año escolar 2021-2022! Estuvimos muy felices de dar la bienvenida a todos nuestros estudiantes con espíritu. Nuestro equipo de fútbol americano universitario y las porristas recibieron a los niños cuando entraron al edificio, ¡y todos estaban emocionados de estar aquí! ¡Tenemos los mejores educadores que están ansiosos por enseñar el futuro! ¡Estamos orgullosos de servir a estos increíbles estudiantes y familias aquí en Meadow ISD!
¡Estoy emocionado de compartir que nuestra inscripción ha aumentado, nuestros puntajes STAAR fueron fantásticos y nuestros estudiantes están creciendo y aprendiendo! ¡Estamos desarrollando futuros líderes y lectores! ¡Estamos muy emocionados de trabajar con sus hijos y brindarles una excelente educación! Algunos recordatorios para todos:
Los estudiantes deben llevar una bandeja en la cafetería para el almuerzo todos los días. No tienen que comerlo y pueden traer su almuerzo, pero parte de nuestro programa de alimentos requiere que todos los estudiantes reciban alimentos escolares. Ofrecemos desayuno, almuerzo y un refrigerio caliente gratis todos los días para todos los estudiantes. La escuela comienza a las 7:40 am y la campana de tardanza suena a las 7:45 am. Si llega tarde, debe entrar y firmar la entrada de su hijo. Para dejarlo, utilice el carril interior para detenerse y dejar que los niños salgan del automóvil. No utilice el carril más alejado de las puertas. Los estudiantes nunca deben cruzar un carril de tráfico para ingresar al edificio. Cuando recoja a los estudiantes después de la escuela, estacione y busque al maestro de su hijo. Entregamos a los estudiantes a los padres / tutores. No hay estacionamiento en los carriles de tráfico o estudiantes que caminan solos a través de los carriles de tráfico. Un padre / tutor debe caminar con los estudiantes al otro lado de la calle para asegurarse de que todos nuestros estudiantes estén seguros.
Los estudiantes deben leer al menos 20 minutos por noche. ¡Tenemos muchos incentivos y premios para todos los estudiantes que alcancen sus metas de lectura! Tenemos una tienda de AR llamada Broncoville que los estudiantes compran al final de cada nueve semanas. Si desea donar a nuestra tienda, compre juguetes nuevos, lápices, borradores, etc. y déjelos en la oficina de la escuela primaria. ¡Agradecemos su apoyo a todos nuestros increíbles estudiantes!
¡Un gran agradecimiento a nuestro PTO por el increíble letrero del primer día de clases!
My phenomenal Pre-K students have done great this week.
- Don't forget to send folder back every Tuesday.
- Please remember to send a water bottle/cup every day.
- We will be visiting the library soon every Tuesday.
- Books will need to be returned every Tuesday to get another book.
- Please send change of clothes if you have not already.
Thank you, parents, for all your support. I am looking forward to a successful school year.
Mrs. A 😊
Just a few reminders:
-be sure to send back the two orange papers that were sent home the night of meet the teacher or on the first day of school
-be sure to send a complete change of clothes, if you haven't already
-sign up for ClassDojo, if you haven't already
If you need to reach me, you can message me on ClassDojo, email me, or call the school.
As always, thank you for sharing your children with me!
What a GREAT first week of school!! I have just a couple of reminders for next week.
· Phonics homework every night.
· Sight words to practice for a test next Friday.
· +0’s to practice for a test next Friday.
· Reading log, please read a book every night.
Also, please have your child log on to Class Dojo so that they can hatch their character.
If you need anything, please call the school or message me on Dojo!
The Second Graders are off to a great start! I’m excited to watch them grow this year.
Reading:-We are reading, The Little Red Hen. We are learning academic words such as: Setting, Characters, Resolution, Story Plot, Infer, and applying it to Virtues.
Math-We are working on basic facts to 10 and double digits.
Writing-We are writing to get to know each other all week.
Science/Social Studies- Shark Week! Students are learning shark facts and reading a phonics shark book. We are talking about the importance of the Pledge Allegiance.
We have had a great first week of school!!!! I can see the enthusiasm in each student to learn math and science!!!
Here are a few reminders:
· Please send the student information sheet back to school with your child. This will help us know your child more and what we need to work on with you child at school.
· Please make sure that your child only brings water in their water bottle to school.
- Bring back Student Information Sheet and Monday School form (orange note) ASAP.
- Reading logs will not be sent home until we are able to go to the library. I will send a message in Dojo when I know the exact day.
- We had a wonderful first week of school!
We have had an amazing week this week! I have really enjoyed getting to know my 4th and 5th graders.
Next week I will be sending home a safety contract for Science that will need to be signed and returned. Keep an eye out for that. 🙂
We've had a great first week in fourth grade! I can't wait to see the things we accomplish this year.
- Please be at school on time every day. We begin class at 7:45.
- Students will get library books next week and they must be reading at least 20 minutes every night.
- Please bring a water bottle and wear appropriate shoes every day.
Please sign up for dojo if you haven't already. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a great weekend!
-We are so excited to start the new year and being able to teach face to face again. Yay!
-Thank you, to all the parents that came by on Meet the Teacher night.
-We have started the year reviewing estimating by rounding and using compatible numbers and multiplying by 10s, 100s, 1000s and 10000s.
-Next week, we will start multiplying a 3-digit number by a 2-digit. If your child does not know their multiplication math facts, please have them practice with flash cards. (If they need flash cards, please let me know. I can print some that they can cut and keep in a baggy. If you prefer, you can download a math fact game on their phone, tablet, or I-Pad for them to practice in the evenings just for a few minutes.) We will have a weekly multiplication math fact quiz, too.
-Thank you, for all your support.
We had a great start to our school year! I have truly enjoyed getting to know these bright students and their fun personalities and I can't wait to see how they do this year. We have jumped right in, and your students are so eager to learn!
We will be reading quite a bit this year which will include more reading at home. We'll be working through some novels and looking at different types of literature throughout the year. I love reading so much and am looking forward to passing on my passion for reading to your students.
I am very happy to be a part of Meadow and am honored to be teaching these awesome 5th graders.
Just a few reminders:
- Your student(s) must be on time every day. Our class time is extremely important, and every minute is accounted for. Class starts at 7:45 AM every day.
- We will get library books next week and your child must be reading at the least, 20 minutes every night.
- Please sign up for our Classdojo if you haven't already. This is how I will be communicating with you all for the most part.
Thanks! Let me know if you need anything.
5th Grade ELAR/Social Studies
MEADOW FFA MEETING
Meadow FFA will be having a livestock meeting on Thursday, August 19th, in the Media Center at 7:00.
We encourage all the current families in the program and anyone else that is interested in learning about the animal showing opportunities in Meadow FFA to attend this meeting.
Students K- 12th grade are able to show under Meadow FFA. This is a great family centered program to join that will teach kids responsibility, character, and work ethic all while having tons of fun with family and friends.
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday, and if you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Meadow FFA Advisors
MHS MINI CHEER CAMP COMING SOON!!
Please make all checks payable to: Meadow ISD.