East China School District News
Every Child, Every Day!
Week of November 4, 2019
- Nov 1 Mariner Football vs Mt. Morris 7 pm @ home
- Nov 2 Saints Football vs Brandon HS 7 pm @ home
- Nov 4 End of First Marking Period
- Nov 4 Board of Education Workshop 6 pm
- Nov 6 Half Day for Elementary Only
- Nov 7-9 St. Clair High School Drama presents The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- Nov 13 Early Release (2 hours)
- Nov 13 Parent University Night 6:30 pm
- Nov 25-26 Elementary Parent Teacher Conferences
- Nov 25 Board of Education meeting 6 pm
- Nov 27-29 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 6-7 Mariner Drama presents The Three Musketeers 7 p.m.
- Dec 11 Early Release (2 hours)
Palms Elementary News
Palms students have the opportunity to eat lunch with Mr. Westerhof in the Positive Polar Pride Cafe. Every week names are drawn from the Positive Polar Pride buckets where they place their Palms Polar Pride Tickets they have earned. Every month the students who get their ticket drawn have lunch with Mr. Westerhof. Congratulations to our awesome Polar Bear students at Palms!
Palms Staff Spotlight
Molly Reed, First Grade Teacher
Mrs. Reed has been teaching in East China Schools for twenty years. She started her career at Washington Elementary and then within a few years transferred over to Palms. Most of her career was spent in the kindergarten room, but she has also taught second, a 2/3 split and now first grade.
Mrs. Reed got her undergraduate degree from Central Michigan University in Early Childhood. She went on to get her master's in reading from Oakland University. Mrs. Reed has two daughters. Her oldest daughter Madeline is a sophomore at Central Michigan and she is going into Elementary Education. Fire Up Chips!! Her youngest daughter Clare is a junior in high school.
MCHS Marching Band visits Belle River
Fun at our elementary buildings
Parent University Night 2019
Calling all parents of middle school and high school students!
You have an opportunity to go "back to school" by attending sessions at the East China Parent University on November 13. There are 5 sessions/topics to choose from and the sign up is quick and easy on the Google form or the QR code on the flyer below.