The Third Greatest Killer
Tuberculosis is a huge epidemic in Africa.
What causes this horrible disease?
- Drinking contaminated milk (World Book)
- Inhaling droplets that contain mycobacterium tuberculosis (World Book)
How would it affect a contaminated person?
The person may:
- Cough up blood (Silverstein)
- Have a continuous cough (Silverstien)
- Swelling of glands (World Book)
- Fever (World Book)
- Weight Loss/ Loss of appitite (Silverstien)
- Feeling tired all the time (Silverstien)
- Night Sweats (Silverstien)
- And difficulty breathing (Silverstien)
If one is healthy then the body will fight and kill the infection (World Book).
How could you help?
- Donate money to a charity foundation
- Cover your moth when you sneeze or cough