Here's the Scoop
Hamilton Ridge News & Events October 2021
A Note from Mrs. Z
Dear Hamilton Ridge Families,
As we begin October, our students are adapting to their school schedule, engaging in a ton of learning experiences, and developing friendships. They are also developing stamina! With the many model changes last year, we couldn't be happier that students are settling back into the everyday, all day schedule. The structure is feeling good for everyone, although I would guess that during this first month of school, you are seeing tired kids at the end of the day!
Thank you for sending us your children each day. It is our privilege to teach them and watch them learn and grow. I wish you a great month ahead!
Karen Zwolenski, Principal
Homecoming Spirit Days!
Fall Picture Day is Thursday, October 7
Legacy Book Club
Dear Hamilton Ridge Families,
Hamilton Ridge is offering an option for families to purchase books in honor of students and help our library grow! It is called Legacy Book Club. This is a positive way for your child to give a unique gift to all students at Hamilton Ridge.
If your family chooses to purchase a book to donate to the Hamilton Ridge Media Center, we will place a book plate in the book with your child's name, and he or she will be the first student to check out the new book. Click the button below for more details.
Traffic Safety at Hamilton Ridge
Thank you for your patience and effort to make our drop off and pick up times safe for our students. We love our students, and their safety is our priority. Please be extra careful when you enter or exit the parking lot, with a few reminders:
-Traffic moving on 157th street does NOT have a stop sign in either direction.
-Be watchful of our children who use the crosswalk.
-For parent who drop off or pick up, if you are interested in bus transportation we can make that adjustment easily. Open enrolled families also qualify for a district bus stop within HRE boundaries. Just give the office a call at 952-461-7800. Thank you!
Child Nutrition Service Message
This school year, PLSAS Child Nutrition Services has been experiencing greatly decreased staffing in our department, food shortages and supply chain issues which are putting a strain on our school menus. Supply chain disruptions are due to a lack of availability of raw ingredients and labor to produce, unload, and transfer food products. Some food and/or beverage products normally provided to students may not be available or arrive as scheduled. Due to unforeseen circumstances, reduced menu offerings, last-minute menu changes and product substitutions will occur. Be assured meals will remain balanced, healthy, and plentiful. We ask for patience and understanding as we do our best to meet the needs of the students and comply with state and federal meal pattern regulations. We ask for understanding and patience as we work through these staffing, food shortage and supply chain issues. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 952-226-0009.
Beginning October 4th the elementary meal service is as follows:
Breakfast: Grab n’ Go meal
Lunch: One hot menu item, one cold item
All lunch meals will include the choice of milk, vegetable and fruit.
Breakfast and lunch are free through June 2022 but please fill out an application for meal benefits if you think you qualify because it helps with federal revenue for students and will carry over to October 15, 2022.
Child Nutrition Service Employment Opportunities
If you or anyone in your network is looking for a rewarding job during the school day, please check out the child nutrition department openings! Wages start at $16.50/hr and there is paid sick leave and personal time. No nights, no weekends, and extended breaks during the winter, spring, and summer! In PLSAS' child nutrition department, we believe that part of our role in nourishing bodies is to help students create lifelong healthy eating habits. To that end, we have eliminated high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors and colors, and highly processed foods from our main menus. We believe that it is important to teach kids where food comes from so we also have a farm-to-school program, school gardens, and do as much learning in the lunchroom activities as we can. Come join our team! Apply today.
Technology For Our Schools
Funds would help provide our students and staff with the tools, technology infrastructure and support they need to maximize classroom learning and enhance school safety and security.
Please follow this link to learn more and be sure to vote on November 2.
Help Keep our Grounds Clean and Students Safe
Hamilton Ridge PTC Update
October Happenings from the PTC:
- Join us for the annual joint PTC session with all PLSAS elementary schools on Tuesday, Oct. 5, at 6:00 p.m. Superintendent Staloch will address all the PTC groups, hosted by LODL at Grainwood. We'll hear from Dr. Staloch, and then we'll break off for individual school PTC meetings. We look forward to seeing you.
- Our only school fundraiser will kick off later this month! We will concentrate on raising funds for everything *inside* the school -- since last year, we funded equipment and items for outside the school. Stay tuned for more details!
- Get your spirit gear! Hamilton Ridge has its own school store through Paar. Visit this link to order your spirit goodies, and the proceeds will come back to the PTC!
- Mark your calendars for Hamilton Ridge night at Davanni's on Tuesday, Oct. 19! Order online, or dine-in and carry-out -- and 20% of your order will come back to the PTC! Being hungry has its benefits!
- The PTC is proud to help our teachers start the school year off right. We awarded teachers and other staff student benefit dollars to help them get the supplies they needed. It's all thanks to you, and we know you love our staff!
Mark Your Calendar
- October 7 Fall Picture Day
- October 20-22 No School - MEA Break
- October 25 No School - Staff In-Service Meetings
- November 9 Fall Picture Retake Day
- November 12 No School - Staff Work Day
- November 16, 18 & 22 Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 24 - 26 No School - Thanksgiving Break
- December 23 - January 2, 2022 No School - Winter Break
- January 3 Classes Resume
Student School Hours 9:20 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
Main Office Hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.Attendance Line 952-461-7801
Main Office 952-461-7800
Fax Number 952-461-7849
Health Office 952-461-7806, Tiffany St. Michaels, LPN email@example.com
Karen Zwolenski, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Lindsay Comstock, Dean of Students email@example.com
Kirsten Schoeller, Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
Beverley Null, Administrative Assistant (attendance) email@example.com
Andrea Carin, Social Worker firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Help Desk 952-226-0048 or email@example.com
District Transportation 952-226-0050 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior Lake Bus Company (after hours) 952-440-1166